V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

Hi, please excuse my newbieness, I've only had the Explorer since last Monday. How do I check the firmware version that it has installed?. So far I've had zero problems with it so I'm not going to do anything unless it becomes necessary but it would be nice to know, thanks.

If you have a 2012 model, it will already have the v 2.11 software and you shouldn't have to to anything!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was on 2.4 with difficulty connecting with telephone, 10 times 6 is connected, install 2.11 without difficulty, until yesterday, well, today just connect phone again, I'm not happy

This is great. Mine took between 35-40 minutes. A few minutes for the nav to sort itself out. A reboot or two and all is well. The time saved from not having to go to the dealer is what makes this totally worth it. Great stuff Ford!!!

Version confirmation

My truck has spent more time in repair than on the road. I just got it back and the MFT version is showing 4.23.11134 Is this the most recent?

Anyone?? Beuller?? lol...

Thanks...

Hi, please excuse my newbieness, I've only had the Explorer since last Monday. How do I check the firmware version that it has installed?. So far I've had zero problems with it so I'm not going to do anything unless it becomes necessary but it would be nice to know, thanks.

You can check what version you have by logging into your SYNCMyRide.com account. It will be on the right hand side of the Update & Customize page. You can also check in vehicle by going here:

MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION

My truck has spent more time in repair than on the road. I just got it back and the MFT version is showing 4.23.11134 Is this the most recent?

Anyone?? Beuller?? lol...

Thanks...

Yes, this is the most recent version, 2.11 :)

Rebecca

Sync Version?

May be silly question and I'm sure the answer is simple but.....how do I determine the Sync Version in my 2011? Just bought it last month so probably current but would like to know all the same. Thanks.

May be silly question and I'm sure the answer is simple but.....how do I determine the Sync Version in my 2011? Just bought it last month so probably current but would like to know all the same. Thanks.

You have to go to syncmyride.com and register.

Hi, bbinwv!

You can do as GWA1 stated: log in or register on SYNCMyRide.com and it will tell you on the UPDATE & CUSTOMIZE page. You can also look in your vehicle here:

MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO > CCPU S/W VERSION

It should be listed as 4.23.11134 for version 2.11 (which is the most current available software). If you don't want to do either of those, feel free to private message me with your VIN and I will look it up for you! :)

Rebecca

installed it yesterday - upgraded from 2.4. Thought I had read that it will remember now, which screen you left it on before turning off key - for example, on the Sirius Hits 1 screen - which is not the case. I'm positive my install was successful, but I really don't see any difference - do I need to do a master reset? Or was this all just minor bug fixes?

installed it yesterday - upgraded from 2.4. Thought I had read that it will remember now, which screen you left it on before turning off key - for example, on the Sirius Hits 1 screen - which is not the case. I'm positive my install was successful, but I really don't see any difference - do I need to do a master reset? Or was this all just minor bug fixes?

All that it will remember is which of the three home screens you have it set for. There aren't any significant differences to appearance and no new functionality was added as far as I know.

Hi, simplysql!

Sdm9465 is correct, there are no new features with this update. There were a few minor enhancements. I think a Master Reset after any update is a good idea, even if it's not necessary, so if you still wish to do one, go right ahead :)

Rebecca

Completed upgrade from 2.4. Speed improvements noticed going between screens. Nav and Radio seem OK as well as Climate. Issue with Phone dowloading Phonebook to Sync, worked previously.

Completed upgrade from 2.4. Speed improvements noticed going between screens. Nav and Radio seem OK as well as Climate. Issue with Phone dowloading Phonebook to Sync, worked previously.

Hi, janskim!

When you are pairing your phone and the system asks you "Set automatic phonebook download to ON?" say NO. After you are connected to MFT, do the following:

PHONE > SETTINGS > MANAGE PHONEBOOK > RE-DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK - DOWNLOAD

Let me know if this helps!

Rebecca

15 minutes of:

Phonebook Dowloading....

Please wait

Wait for how long an eternity to pull about 30 contacts in. I'll try again on my ride into work when I can leave the system on longer.

It asked for a Voice Gateway Access on my phone which I did and also Grant access to phone book which I acknowledged on the phone as well. I have phonebook updates set to off as well as photos.

I also posted an issue with Sirius and voice recogintion which I discovered this morning after renewing and reactivating my Sirius. Its does not recognize channel numbers or names.

Deleted phone and readded for the 5th time. Followed your instructions again and somehow it managed to work now. At last contacts in my phonebook and it only took a few minutes. Now if we can solve my Sirius issue I would be a happy camper again.

Is there any way we can possibly get a changelog whenever a new version comes out?

Pleased to report going on week 2 since update and everything appears to be humming along with no issues. Def improvement in speed and responsiveness and I like some of the feature changes like having my wallpaper stay active. Fingers crossed next version update is a self install with some more improvements.

Uploaded v2.11 about a month ago. Had an episode of black screen of death upon startup this morning. I never even touched the system and it bombed itself when the vehicle started. Rode for about 15 minutes and after two go rounds of the "performing scheduled maintenance" screen it finally came back to operating.

I'm glad that I didnt have to pull a fuse to bring it back to life, but its very clear that there is still a lot of work to be done on this system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The update seemed to be working great, but then a couple days ago I tried to use the 'find address' voice command. It crashed immediately.... Tried three times, every time.

Back