V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

why did you turn it off during update?
i guess good thing it continued and said finished/successful.
i would run a health report and then log in and see what it says.

... while sitting in the shade doing the upgrade. I immediately turned off the X ... now when I turn on the car I get the check engine light ... is it safe to drive? I have to go to work in the morning and need it ... By the way, interestingly enough the install continued and after about another 10 minutes it told me it was successful ... brought my stick back to my laptop and it relayed back to SMR that it was a completed install. Even though the car was turned off. HELP! Anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I turned it off ...

... because it overheated and I was afraid of the boiling antifreeze.

i see... that's one reason i did the update with the hood up... to let heat out.
even though mine was later build, also to keep an eye/ear on the radiator fans and watch the coolant gauge.

the check engine could have been due to the overheating... i'd take it in... sounds like you need to have the fans replaced.

... because it overheated and I was afraid of the boiling antifreeze.

This is a major step toward making Sync a more pleasurable experience for customers. I appreciate your letting us know about this being available for self install now!

I agree! Thanks!

Rebecca, can the remorseful 2.8-2.11 folks roll back to 2.8?

Possibly IF you had version 2.8 somewhere but that is not available for download....so my bet is once you do it you would have to go to the dealer...$$$.

Just a guess though.

dco43054,
You are correct about a LTD and I have MFT, Nav, 911. I have three more modules updates then you. Not sure what your XLT has. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have three functions listed above?
Don't know the individual modules off hand, but I do not have Nav.

Still don't know if I will be upgrading. I can live with 2.8 until something truly better comes along.

The key was turning off the auto phone book update. That one sped up start up considerably.

And now, if I want to make a call immediately upon entering the Explorer, I do it from the phone itself instead of trying to use voice dialing. The system never locks up or delays, and will use the BT link for handsfree.

Is anyone else having problems downloading this update to a USB?? I have tried several times and I receive a message that an error has been encountered near the end of the download.

Glad to see this. I upgraded yesterday from 2.4 to 2.11 (that version-ing still sounds weird!). Process took longer than I expected, but came through. Seems slightly faster and I like that the system stays on the last "home" screen I select (hated having to change to wallpaper each start-up).

Still have issues with album covers displaying when playing MP3's. Same as before - they will display for a short time until the system is finished indexing and then they stop displaying completely.

iPhone works same as before -just wish it supported text alerting!

Awesome

Just upgraded to v2.11. It took all 40+ minutes that they estimated.

Left the Explorer outside with the hood up. No overheating problems, but then again it was 60 degrees outside.

I did check the temp once about halfway through and it was in the middle of the range.

Re-paired my phone afterward and said "no" to auto updating the phonebook. That has proven to be a huge startup time suck. I may try it later after I make sure there are no ill effects of this upgrade.

After 2.11 install maybe somewhat faster, but it takes forever to end a call from the steering wheel. I push the telephone button and wait. I think it is quicker if I go to the Sync screen and push end call.

Greetings from Canada! I applied the update today, with no problems as discussed in this thread, it took about 40-45 minutes. After the upgrade, I had a NAV error (2011 Explorer LTD). I then went to work and as driving a Microsoft update came across and NAV starting working again!

After 2.11 install maybe somewhat faster, but it takes forever to end a call from the steering wheel. I push the telephone button and wait. I think it is quicker if I go to the Sync screen and push end call.
Press the center button on the right side steering wheel control twice. That is what ends a call.

Guys with Nav errors and such...

The SD card is a push and lock insertion. When you're down there using the USB drive a lot, it's not very hard to push and eject the SD card. It hardly looks like it's out but it will cause Nav issues. Just thought I'd throw this out there as it happened to me.

Thank you for all of the wonderful kudos!

Those of you that have NAV, it can take an extra 10-15 minutes for your NAV to completely boot up after the install.

Also, some of you are asking about if there is a way to get 2.11 after you already have it. The only way to do this is to go to your dealer. I don't recommend downloading it from a non-Ford website. You never know what could have been done to it and, let's face it, this is your vehicle not your home PC. It could result in a voided warranty.

Rebecca, can the remorseful 2.8-2.11 folks roll back to 2.8?

The only way to do this would be to go to your dealership. They would then have to contact their support in order to do this. This is not always an option though.

Rebecca,
Is this or can this be related to updating from 2.8 to 2.11 somehow? This was working yesterday before the install.
... while sitting in the shade doing the upgrade. I immediately turned off the X ... now when I turn on the car I get the check engine light ... is it safe to drive? I have to go to work in the morning and need it ... By the way, interestingly enough the install continued and after about another 10 minutes it told me it was successful ... brought my stick back to my laptop and it relayed back to SMR that it was a completed install. Even though the car was turned off. HELP! Anyone?

I suggest both of you go to your dealership for these issues! As a side note, BLIS is not integrated with the MFT system.

Is anyone else having problems downloading this update to a USB?? I have tried several times and I receive a message that an error has been encountered near the end of the download.

What browser are you using and are you on a MAC or PC? If you aren't already, try it in IE8 on a PC.

If I missed your question, please feel free to PM me or re-post!

Thanks again, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend :)

Rebecca

Thanks to everyone at Ford for making this available to us!

A big piece of faith in Ford has been restored. :)

Sticky, yes.

Glad to see this. I upgraded yesterday from 2.4 to 2.11 (that version-ing still sounds weird!). Process took longer than I expected, but came through. Seems slightly faster and I like that the system stays on the last "home" screen I select (hated having to change to wallpaper each start-up).

Still have issues with album covers displaying when playing MP3's. Same as before - they will display for a short time until the system is finished indexing and then they stop displaying completely.

iPhone works same as before -just wish it supported text alerting!

Three days after updatting from V2.4 to V2.11 and so far so good. Clock has stopped resetting itself randomly. System response is improved and have noticed some readability improvements (bigger fonts). Album art is still non-functional from USB (come on guys - simple MP3 players can do this!). All-in-all a worthwhile risk to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to everyone at Ford for making this available to us!

A big piece of faith in Ford has been restored. :)

Three days after updatting from V2.4 to V2.11 and so far so good. Clock has stopped resetting itself randomly. System response is improved and have noticed some readability improvements (bigger fonts). Album art is still non-functional from USB (come on guys - simple MP3 players can do this!). All-in-all a worthwhile risk to me.

I'm so glad to hear you are both happy!

Rebecca

Back