V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

Is anyone else having problems downloading this update to a USB?? I have tried several times and I receive a message that an error has been encountered near the end of the download.

I just did a reformat of my USB flash drive to totally wipe it clean before downloading the 2.11 software and it worked perfectly, I think the format was FAT 32 as I recall for the reformat.

It took me about 45 min to install with no problems and the syncmyride site immediatly updated as soon as I confirmed the update on my home computer. I have noted the phone (iphone 4) pairs much quicker. It took the nav and gps 30 min. or so to settle in but now seems to work okay. I was pleased to see all my saved navagation points were not erased. I still wish the total system would boot up faster so the radio can be turned on or off without waiting. Overall, v 2.11 is an improvement over my previoius v 2.7.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Three days after updatting from V2.4 to V2.11 and so far so good. Clock has stopped resetting itself randomly. System response is improved and have noticed some readability improvements (bigger fonts). Album art is still non-functional from USB (come on guys - simple MP3 players can do this!). All-in-all a worthwhile risk to me.

Embedded album art works fine from USB memory sources....

I agree, but I think that there was something (gracenotes?) that I had to turn off to get it to work well and it wasn't obvious. That was on v2.4 though and it was a long time ago.

Is anyone else having problems downloading this update to a USB?? I have tried several times and I receive a message that an error has been encountered near the end of the download.

Me too.
I used the same USB flash drive I'd used previously for a smaller Sync update.
I cleared all the old files & re-formatted the USB.
Also, when I tell it to begin downloading to this USB, it tells me that there are files on the USB already. Even though I've completely re-formatted it.

Any ideas??

It took me two tries but I finally got it. The first time after the sync service pack update I got a screen that said SYSTEM FAULT superimposed on another screen that said PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DEALERSHIP and 12:00 10.10.2008 and GOOD MORNING NEW USER. I pulled the flash drive out, shut off the truck. I then re-loaded the update on a brand new flash drive and tried the update again. It took 40 minutes but the download and the upgrade were completed. (When in doubt re-boot) I guess I should have used a clean Flash Drive for the update as the first attempt data seemed to be corrupted by the Flash Drive I used. Hopefully this update will correct some of the minor annoyances that I have experenced now all we need is a new Navigation SD Card with up to date maps & POI's and perhaps easier navigation programing and then quality of the electronics will catch up to quality of the mechanics of the vehicle.
Thank you all at the Ford IVT team for this update as I did not have to waste a day at the dealer, hopefuly all future updates will be available like this.

Spoke too soon on no issues with V2.11. Sync continuously trying to index USB drive and system intermittentlynreports that USB device not supported. Not an issue before the update.

Mine does the same trhing. Although it shows this message, it still plays the USB. Just click off the message. It also did not do this with the old MFT.

Mine does the same trhing. Although it shows this message, it still plays the USB. Just click off the message. It also did not do this with the old MFT.

Mine behaves identically. I plan on moving all the music to an SD card to see if it does the same thing.

Hey Ford - why are we all beta-testing for you?

Me too.
I used the same USB flash drive I'd used previously for a smaller Sync update.
I cleared all the old files & re-formatted the USB.
Also, when I tell it to begin downloading to this USB, it tells me that there are files on the USB already. Even though I've completely re-formatted it.

Any ideas??

Clear your cache, close all browsers, and try it again. If this doesn't work, please reboot your PC and try again.

Spoke too soon on no issues with V2.11. Sync continuously trying to index USB drive and system intermittentlynreports that USB device not supported. Not an issue before the update.

Try doing a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

I agree, but I think that there was something (gracenotes?) that I had to turn off to get it to work well and it wasn't obvious. That was on v2.4 though and it was a long time ago.

Yes, turn off Gracenotes:

MENU > SETTINGS > MEDIA PLAYER

Rebecca

I did the upgrade from 2.8 to 2.11 on my 2011 Explorer Limited and it worked flawlessly. Was getting nervous when it appeared stuck, but it did finish at about 45 minutes! Way to go, Ford! I used to connect to bluetooth and then it would disconnect after about 20 seconds, now it stays connected! Thanks!

I just finished updating my Ex Sync from V2.7 to V2.11 and I must say it went really smooth.The first think I noticed is that everything is quicker and is operating smoother compared to V2.7. No glitches yet. It took 45 minutes to update the system.

Hi Rebecca,
I tried what you said, but still having problems. And even though I've deleted all files and reformatted the flash drive, I keep getting a warning before I even start the download.

"Removable Disk: HP V125W
Warning: This drive is not empty. Other files on the drive could disrupt your installation. "

If I proceed anyway, to the download, it stalls at about 10%. I'm going to get a new flash drive and try again.

Did the install on Monday. I don't notice any improvements but my 2.7 worked just fine. After I did the install navigation didn't work. After about an hour, it came back. Another weird thing happened after the install... The voice commands didn't work. I would say "Sirius"... "Alt Nation" and it would just shut the radio off. I thought my install was corrupted but after a couple drives and a couple maintenance screens the system is working well again.

Mine does this under 2.11, but it also did it for me under 2.8. Pretty much if I'm in the car for more than 10 minutes I can count on getting the "unsupported USB" error. It even does this while it's playing from the same USB stick.

On a side note, I seem to have more BT audi streaming issues under 2.11 than I did under 2.8. The phone will always be paired as a phone but now (more frequently) seems to lose the audio streaming. :(

Glad album art is working for you, but no joy for me. Have reformatted my USB drive, tried SD memory instead, and master reset of system. Same behavior - works at first and then quits.

Glad album art is working for you, but no joy for me. Have reformatted my USB drive, tried SD memory instead, and master reset of system. Same behavior - works at first and then quits.

Mine does the same thing - the album art shows for a while and then quits. Gracenotes is turned off.

I have 2.11 and I cant get the art at all, the BT audio, locks the MFT, then reboots?

Blower motor

I don't know all the details, but they've been working on getting it available via SYNCMyRide.com for a while, and now it is. :party:

Go here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

And do the following:

Enter your VIN > Click Next > Select your country > Click on Update My SYNC Now > Click on "How will this update enhance or improve my SYNC?"

I will take your idea to my superiors :)

Yes, you really have to leave it in park.

Hopefully you have a shady spot that you can sit in?

Rebecca
Suggestion for IVTTeam...when either making or receiving a handsfree phone call have the AC/heater blower motor slow down or turn off. I had this feature on my '09 Buick Enclave and was surprised it is not on the new Explorer. Of course, when done talking blower resumed previous setting.

Mine does the same thing - the album art shows for a while and then quits. Gracenotes is turned off.

Same deal here as well, mine shows the default disc image cut in half. USB device seems to always want to index even after a master reset and fuse pull. Errrr.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, please excuse my newbieness, I've only had the Explorer since last Monday. How do I check the firmware version that it has installed?. So far I've had zero problems with it so I'm not going to do anything unless it becomes necessary but it would be nice to know, thanks.

Back