V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

Spring? I thought it was coming out in January.

It is slated as a Q1 2012 release. Quarter 1 includes anytime between Jan. 1 and March 31, which means the update could be released anytime in that timeframe. Could be January 1, could be March 31....Spring is the generic answer.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just received the update e-mail and I downloaded the file to a clean 1GB USB stick. I ran the installation and it said it completed but nothing seems to have changed. I watched a video showing the updated screens and I still see the old screen version. Do I need to re-install the update again?

I did all of this hoping for the new screens in MFT, but everything looks the same for me as well. I thought this was the whole point of upgrading, unless i read things wrong. My email clearly states to update to the new MFT, "click here". Plus when i try and verify my installation, it doesn't work properly, but I believe my screen is showing the new version. I'm Lost.

I did all of this hoping for the new screens in MFT, but everything looks the same for me as well. I thought this was the whole point of upgrading, unless i read things wrong. My email clearly states to update to the new MFT, "click here". Plus when i try and verify my installation, it doesn't work properly, but I believe my screen is showing the new version. I'm Lost.

Smoktya,

The email was to remind everyone that 2.11 is available on SyncMyRide.com for self-installation and to give a sneak peek of the new software that will be released next year.

Do you already have 2.11 installed on your vehicle and what is the message you are getting when you try to verify the installation? Let me know when you get a chance!

Rebecca

Smoktya,

The email was to remind everyone that 2.11 is available on SyncMyRide.com for self-installation and to give a sneak peek of the new software that will be released next year.

Do you already have 2.11 installed on your vehicle and what is the message you are getting when you try to verify the installation? Let me know when you get a chance!

Rebecca

I have 2.8 installed from the factory, but i did install the 2.11 and it said it was completed. my phone is no longer in "sync" so i had to re-do that, but when i verify on the website, it gives me an error.

What version of MFT am I running?

How do I know what version I'm running? I went to the dealer today and I don't think they really updated it even though they told me they did. My main suspision is I didn't need to re-install my phone. I got in and my phone connected. Also my Sirius radio still does not allow me to access all the channels. I just paid Sirius $700++ for a 4 year subscription and it dosen't even work!!!!!

I have 2.8 installed from the factory, but i did install the 2.11 and it said it was completed. my phone is no longer in "sync" so i had to re-do that, but when i verify on the website, it gives me an error.

Smoktya -

Did you try running a Vehicle Health Report yet? Let me know when you get a chance!

How do I know what version I'm running? I went to the dealer today and I don't think they really updated it even though they told me they did. My main suspision is I didn't need to re-install my phone. I got in and my phone connected. Also my Sirius radio still does not allow me to access all the channels. I just paid Sirius $700++ for a 4 year subscription and it dosen't even work!!!!!

brancaccio -

You can check SyncMyRide.com under the Update & Customize tab (on the right hand side of the page) or you can send me your VIN and I can look it up for you.

Rebecca

Smoktya -

Did you try running a Vehicle Health Report yet? Let me know when you get a chance!

I ran the report, but when it calls my phone I get a "server" error and it disconnects. I tried last night and 3 times today. Hopefully it will work soon.

Smoktya -

I ran the report, but when it calls my phone I get a "server" error and it disconnects. I tried last night and 3 times today. Hopefully it will work soon.

You get a server error on your phone?

Rebecca

Did anyone else's car get hot and have the warning of "high temperature" come on during this upgrade? It happened to me right after the update finished (seemed to have taken 45 mins for this update to run). Luckily I was able to quickly get it on the road and take it for a ride to get it to cool off but I don't like the fact that my coolant got to such a high temperature and was unable to protect the engine and other components from overheating. (Oh BTW, it's the middle of winter - it was raining out and the temperature outside was 50 degrees - it's not like it was 95 in Florida and I had the AC going the whole time).

I understand that Ford may want the car running during these updates, as having the battery die during an update is not a good thing but Ford should allow the option of running these updates with the car off? I wonder how much gas overall is being wasted worldwide in Ford vehicles that are getting their MFT updates.

I'm just wondering- can the update be done with the engine off and a battery charger connected? I'd much rather use $0.30 of electricity and no wear on the engine. Also, I have been told by some auto folks that idling an engine for extended periods is somewhat stressful on it.

Thanks,
Randy

Did anyone else's car get hot and have the warning of "high temperature" come on during this upgrade?
No.

I'd have your cooling fans checked. They should be more than capable of keeping the coolant cool, especially in winter in Virginia (or at least that's where your location says you are)

Some jurisdictions have laws against idling for prolonged amounts of time. So after maybe 10 minutes of idling, you could be breaking the law.

Did anyone else's car get hot and have the warning of "high temperature" come on during this upgrade? It happened to me right after the update finished (seemed to have taken 45 mins for this update to run). Luckily I was able to quickly get it on the road and take it for a ride to get it to cool off but I don't like the fact that my coolant got to such a high temperature and was unable to protect the engine and other components from overheating. (Oh BTW, it's the middle of winter - it was raining out and the temperature outside was 50 degrees - it's not like it was 95 in Florida and I had the AC going the whole time).

I remember a couple of people early on reporting overheating while installing. I installed it on a day that was around 90 degrees and had no problem.

Gen2 v3.0.2

Hi everyone,

My 2013 explorer has been built last week and I'm waiting for delivery.

With the VIN, I could log into syncmyride and here is the info I get in my update history:

Gen2 - V3.0.2
This new software release provides faster touch-screen response and enhanced voice recognition interaction. Graphics have been simplified and controls made easier to use. Support for tablet devices and Audible.com audiobooks has been added as well. For navigation equipped vehicles, it provides enhanced navigation maps.
This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.
The installation of this update will take up to 60 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete displays on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off.
While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
CI 2/24/2012​

Sounds nice...

MyFord Touch Performance Upgrade begins shipping March 5, 2012

More than 300,000 current owners of 2011 and 2012 Ford Edges, Explorers and Focuses with the MyFord Touch system will soon be receiving some new software from their car company — the much-anticipated MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch system upgrade software.

Dave Martin, Field Service Engineer for Ford, said March 5 that Ford would begin mailing out a special packet to the thousands of 2011/2012 model year Edge, MKX, Explorer and 2012 Focus owners with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch. The packet will include a USB flash drive with updated software, a notification letter, detailed instructions for the 60-minute download, and an update user guide. Navigation-equipped vehicle owners also will receive an updated SD card with all-new, updated map data.

Ford and Lincoln service departments are gearing up for this release because, if preferred, customers can elect to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for installation of the upgrade.

The new software upgrade will be installed on the 2012 Ford Taurus and the Flex which are now going into the “build mode.”

The touch screen interface was first introduced in 2010 and has received many improvements since then, however, this new performance upgrade will simplify the interface and bring faster performance. It will have better phone compatibility, support for tablet computers and Audible audiobooks, improved navigation maps and destination entry.

Ford has seen a dramatic growth in the use of their in-vehicle technologies since the introduction of the Sync system in 2008. A recent survey of 2011 and 2012 owners with Sync and MyFord Touch has found that 91 percent are using the hands-free calling at least once a month. Just over 60 percent use the hands-free phone calling every day. Eighty-five percent use wireless Bluetooth audio streaming with nearly half using it every day.

The performance upgrade is offered at no charge to existing MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch owners (it’s covered under warranty). Most customers can upgrade the system themselves, however a few “early production” Explorers and Edges may need to have the work done exclusively at a Ford Service Department. For more information, please contact your Ford or Lincoln dealer. Or visit, www.syncmyride.com or www.fordtechlane.com

Back