• Register Today It's free!

V6 mustang throttle body spacer

malamorian

Reaction score
City, State
Cranford,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4X
Will a 2005-2010 v6 mustang throttle body spacer fit on my 2010 v6 explorer.
Looking at a stack racing throttle body spacer from americanmuscle.com.its only
$40.00

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry it's a sr performance throttle body spacer

yes it will fit, the throttle bodies are the same.

Not to hijack your thread malamorian but why do you want to add the TB spacer? I'm not trying to say don't do it or trying to offend. I just don't know what it does and I've heard of this being done a few times.

It's supposed to add power. In some cases it can, on a stock explorer...... its more or less to say you have it.

Good for removing slack from stretched throttle cables. (Better than tie wraps) They also add a nice annoying whistle. ;)

Gives you better midrange and mpg.i have one on my 2003 sport.i have a K&N air filter ,accel ignition coil,flowmaster exhaust and running a super chips tuner gas saver tune but my gas mileage still sucks( truck only has 11,000 miles on it)

Thanks I bought it and yes they do work.I am a tech at a Infiniti new car dealer in NJ

Good to know. My best automotive advice has always come from dealership techs.

^hahah I wasn't going to say anything

Gives you better midrange and mpg.i have one on my 2003 sport.i have a K&N air filter ,accel ignition coil,flowmaster exhaust and running a super chips tuner gas saver tune but my gas mileage still sucks( truck only has 11,000 miles on it)

It has been my experience that using the gas saver tune you actually get the worst MPG of all the tunes on the superchips 1865 (short shifting on this engine seems to kill the fuel economy because optimal Hp/Tq is around 2500 RPM). I have found that with the 4.0 the performance tune yields slightly better MPG than the 87 octane tune around town if you don't have very many stoplights. I also discovered, through a faulty factory thermostat on my vehicle, that if you put in a lower temperature thermostat (say an 180 deg. F) your A/F mixture will be more lean and should give you some more MPGs that way too.
I know that it is supposed to work the other way around regarding lower engine temp = more fuel, but when my thermostat was opening early and the engine was only getting up to 178 F I was getting an in town MPG of 18 and when the thermostat got even worse (opening at 165 F) then the fuel economy dropped to 16.3 MPG. Now with a factory 190 F thermostat the in town MPG is 16.5 so that leads me to believe that optimal engine temps is around 180 F.

Back