• Register Today It's free!

Vacume hoses..need help.

Big E

Reaction score
City, State
Albion MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I have a vacume hose came off the other day. I don't see were it came from. I looked in the book and found were it is suposed to go...but there is no hose there. So what I need is for someone to tell me were all the vacume hoses on the upper intake go. I have a 91 auto cruise 4x4.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

which one?

There's only about a billion of 'em.

I just finished putting my intake off and on (and off and on and ...) so am familiar with the hoses on my '94. Not sure if I can help with your '91, but I'll give it a try.

Can you at least give me a clue? Is the other end of the hose still attached to something?

If all else fails, there should be a sticker on the top of your engine cowl (in front of the radiator near the hood latch) with the critical hoses diagrammed on it. That helped me figure out my mystery hose...

Michael

I looked in the engine compartment sticker. It really didn't seem to help. So I thought that I would try here. I don't know were the other end of the hose goes to.

Eric

What side of the intake does it lead towards; driver's or passenger? Is it soft rubber or hard plastic? How far can you trace it, and where is it routed to as far as you can tell?

Eric
Provide us with a detailed description of the vacuum hose and I will try to tell you where it is supposed to go. Description could include: 1) Hose outside diameter, 2) Hose inside diameter, 3) Hose length and 4) Hose color. If it came from the air intake side of the engine compartment, as I recall there are two hoses leading to connections on the air intake (downstream of the air filter) and these are small diameter hoses (not necessarily vacuum hoses). Hey, I know what it is like to have "extra parts" and wondering where are these guys supposed to go!!! I also have a 91 XLT 4x4 Explorer. Have a good day!!
Mike in Seattle

I don't find a missing hose. I have a port on the upper intake vaccum post that is missing a hose. I have no idea were it goes. The port on the post that has the hose missing is one of the smaller ones. It points toward the rear of the vechicle on the drivers side.

Eric

Eric,

If your referring to the Octopus like thing where all the hoses come together, not all of them are used. Some are just covered / capped off. Is it possible you lost the cap? You may be looking for a hose that does not exist. Just a thought!

I thought of that but I just wanted to see if anyone else had a cap on one.

Eric

Big E
Recently while driving home from work my 93 Sport started idleling high. One of the rubber caps had come off on the Vacumn Octopus on the drivers side of the manifold assembly. I put a new cap on and it's been fine ever since.
You're probably looking for a hose that never existed.

I am starting to think the same thing.

Eric

Back