Vacummm mod 92 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vacummm mod 92

spazman1990

Reaction score
City, State
Kingman az
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello all figured I'd say hello and introduce my self i live in az i have a 2001 ford tarsus and i work on cars in my spare time, But the issue that i'm having confuses me my friends car is a 92 Mazda Navajo auto with no egr valve i changed the vacuum modulator and i believe now this issue is happening when i set on the gas in like park or nutrual the Rpms will stay at whatever rpms i have the car at and then drop after a second or so seems like the engine is lagging

I also have another issue with the Fuel pressure regulator it's leaking into the vacuum line and not sure why the fpr holds pressure from a hand vacuum pump then drops down after a while but it pulls fuel threw it also so it's not the vacuum coming from the engine i herd that it's just like the vacuum mod to where if it can't hold pressure it's toast or it leaks it's toast but it holds pressure but it leaks any ideas on my friends cars issues thanks for any help.

Hey man, I don't want to sound like a jerk but if you maybe have one question or point per sentence you will get some help.

Your post if very difficult to read.

Leaking fuel pressure regulator, like the vacuum modulator, indicates a ruptured internal diaphragm. You should replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Also, when you replaced the vac modulator, did you remember the pin in between the modulator and trans? It can fall out and get lost easily. You can make a new one though.

Yeah i made sure to run the car even to make sure no fluid was coming out took off the intake yesterday and made sure there was no pools you ever had smoke come out of you're intake cuz of this issue? it seems like it was just vacuum related i wish there was a good diagram like pictures included all the ones i've found kinda don't show much detail and only have a basic concept not hard details yeah i told him friend that he needs one that will make his drivability better and he has the money just don't want to spend it. trying to let him understand if he fixes it the car shouldn't have any more problems but it's not working haha.

Back