Solved - Vacuum line solution! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Vacuum line solution!

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Very possible. What is the build date of your truck? I wonder if maybe it was a special kit for some special use? Was it owned by the state or a business when new? It would be interesting to find out why.
It's 03/91.
I have no idea why it would be like that. I've never seen any non-AC Explorers. It's possible there was some AC issue under warranty and rather than pay the hourly diagnose it maybe the dealer just had a WYNN kit installed so everything was new? Although, my 1994's VIN history shows that a service contract repair was done on the engine in 1997. I would think that if the dealer replaced the AC on mine under warranty, it would show up under the same "service contract repair". The really weird thing is that the first title that my 1991 had was setup in 1996. 5 years unaccounted for. That kind of jives with the state-owned theory. I have a 1992 Suburban that was owned by the forest service. Absolutely no records in the VIN history before 2001 when it was sold at public auction.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its possible? Typically warranty at the dealer requires factory parts so that the manufacturer will pay the dealer for the work. Its really hard to speculate what happened to your truck when it was new. You local Ford dealer could pull up the build sheet and see how it rolled off the line. It would be interesting to find that.

Your truck is not as early as I thought it would be.. I was thinking it could have been a very early promo truck on display before the vehicles were available for sale Ford would have made promos as cheap as possible for display purposes, sans A/C and other options? My 91 Eddie 2 door was never titled until 95. It was delivered to the dealer around Dec of 90 and was used as display, and maybe test drives.

Those are getting rare these days.

Yes they are. I looked for mine for 6 years to find it. I lucked out and found one in southern TN. It is nearly rust free and all original. It was owned by a farmer for most of its life and rarely driven. I was super stoked to find it.

Friend of mine has an 89 Bronco II that is an Eddie. Is your '91 Ex Eddie a sort of gray-ish brown color scheme like his Bronc is?

I should be talking about vac tubes in this thread, sorry natenk. I do wonder if the brake booster vac line is 6mm inner diameter (a little bigger than the other lines)? I'll probably get some line soon.

Friend of mine has an 89 Bronco II that is an Eddie. Is your '91 Ex Eddie a sort of gray-ish brown color scheme like his Bronc is?

I should be talking about vac tubes in this thread, sorry natenk. I do wonder if the brake booster vac line is 6mm inner diameter (a little bigger than the other lines)? I'll probably get some line soon.

I'll start a new thread with some pics. I will have to get some.

Will this size hose work for the line going from the coolant reservoir to the radiator cap?

Back