• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum questions, diagram needed

94Jo

Reaction score
City, State
lou.ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 navajo
I've recently discovered my vacuum system was in need of a lot of fixing. Two hoses were just completely not connected and sitting in the engine bay. THis led to a absolutely terrible idle that is now corrected and better than ever. Now, however I realize that I do not have a fuel pressure regulator (or its at least not connected to the vacuum tree and not visible) Also, the truck wont shift, I have the gears I can get into manually,and reverse is fine, just wont do it on its own. Can someone please give me a detail description/photos of the transmission modulator and how I know if its malfunctioning? Thanks so much in advance this website is amazing, SO much information to be had

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The fuel regulator vacuum nipple should go directly to the intake vacuum tree. The vacuum modulator also goes directly there. Either item often fails and gas or ATF will be present in the vac hose. If you do a forum search, there are threads on how to check and replace both items. I think you should have cruise, brake, PCV, FPR, Trans, climate control and EGR on the vacuum tree with the canister going to the throttle body. Not many vac lines anymore. autozone.com will have your vacuum diagram.

Thanks a lot, im glad I dont have to take the navajo anywhere, cant wait to get this ******* up and runnin again

I had a 5.0 t-bird and it had a cable with a little clip on it. It clipped to the throttle body.
The clip broke on the t-bird, and the car would not shift correctly at all.
I went to the bone yard and fixed in for FREE!

Another member on here gave me this diagram.
It's for a 94 explorer

VacuumLineRouting.png

Oh Yea, I forgot the thermo on the air cleaner.

Back