• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum switch

Guyy54

Reaction score
City, State
Menasha wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sportrac
I am having issues with intermittent air flow through the front vents of my 2007 explorer sport trac. I have had the glove box out and see a silver cylinder with what appears to be a post for connecting a vacuum line. There is no line connected. Could this be my problem? Another thing I discovered is white wire with a right angle connector. It is a heavier wire and I cannot determine where it needs to be connected.

That silver cylinder is the vacuum motor to move the defrost door. It needs vacuum connected to work. If it's not, you have to find the vacuum line, which may be the white "wire" you see.

I am having issues with intermittent air flow through the front vents of my 2007 explorer sport trac. I have had the glove box out and see a silver cylinder with what appears to be a post for connecting a vacuum line. There is no line connected. Could this be my problem? Another thing I discovered is white wire with a right angle connector. It is a heavier wire and I cannot determine where it needs to be connected.
That silver cylinder is the vacuum motor to move the defrost door. It needs vacuum connected to work. If it's not, you have to find the vacuum line, which may be the white "wire" you see.
thanks! I wish I could share a picture with you. The white has the 90 degree bend at the end and seems to be about the same length as the tube. The other end connects into a four post block nearer the front of the dash.

Pictures would definitely be helpful. Not hard to share them.

Back