• Register Today It's free!

Valve body gaskets

XploreAlaska

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska / USMC camp pendleton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Okay FORD wants SEVENTEEN FREAKING DOLLARS A GASKET!!!!!!
(This is for an A4LD btw)
I checked out www.wittrans.com for a source of gaskets, they have the upper for $1.64 or something like that for the .015 oversize, I don't want to order unless I can find both gaskets from the same place. Do the transgo shift kits come with the gaskets? If so, that's the same price ford wants for just gaskets, and I get some extra crap with it.
I went to napa where I got my new 3-4 shift solenoid and asked if they had gaskets for the valve body and they looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead (solenoid PN k56836a 26-40 ohm, 2 prong, $65.00)
Any help/info greatly appriciated!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found what i was looking for on www.bulkpart.com
the 3-4 shift solenoid was 20 dollars there so i got that too and returned the napa crap.
so for $120 shipped i got sonnax boost valve upgrade, transgo shift kit, upper, lower and pan gasket, filter, and the 3-4 solenoid.

parts

You might also check out transmissionpartsusa.com also transtec.com has the thicker valve body gaskets. #12703 & #12704. :usa::salute::usa: USA is the GREATEST

The Ford gaskets may be the bonded variety. Worth the price if they are.

And on that note, your getting both top and lower, already bonded to a new seperator plate. And that is around $17.

Back