• Register Today It's free!

Vanishing Trans Fluid

nexis

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Limited
Ok, so I searched and found nothing really like the problem I'm having About 6 months ago I started having the problem of low trans fluid. Did all the regular things, checked in the Rad for contamination, Checked the aux trans cooler and all lines for signs of leaks. No leaks around the trans pan or anywhere on the trans. Figured it had to be the modulator, so I replaced that with no change. The trans is eating about 1qt every 3000 miles, I park in the same exact place at home and at work, so if i was leaking it out i would expect to spot it on the ground. I have gone as far as putting some clean cardboard down under the Ex in the garage with no signs of any type of oil on it.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to strangle someone for draining out small amounts of trans fluid to mess with me?

Its to the point that I'm annoyed enough to get my hands on another A4LD, rebuild it, and put it in to see if the problem goes away.

Check your transfer case fluid level,I believe it is possible for it to leak into the case.I could be wrong but someone will let me know if I am.:D

Its very possible, the front of the t-case is the end of the trans. The input seal for the case may be bad allowing fluid to seep in. Keep in mind that the t-case also uses trans fluid for lubrication. If you get alot out of the fill hole then chances are this is happening.

If not you better find the trans fluid gnome and strangle the little s**t!

Back