vibration after new tires/wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vibration after new tires/wheels

I just recently had a set of used 31x10.5 TSLs put on new Cragar soft 8's and mounted/balanced on my 93. This was a few days ago. I've noticed that around 35-45 mph i get an intense all-over vibration from the truck. I thought I read somewhere that some tires/wheels have this sort of issue but I was wondering if I have cause for concern. The vibration doesn't bother me but I don't want to let this go if it is unsafe. Could someone share some insight or direct me to a thread about this?

TSLs and Interco tires in general are hard to balance. They usually take a lot of weight. Since they are really aimed at serious off road use their tolerances aren't as tight as a street tire. That being said though, they SHOULD be able to be balanced without too much trouble. However if they are used they might be flat spotted or out of round. They could have broken belts, who knows. Take them back and have them balanced again, see what happens.

Also if this is just when you first start driving in the morning, its cause they get flat spots from sitting all night, and they will get better as you drive each day.

Back