• Register Today It's free!

vibration in the gas pedal

Spicycook

Reaction score
City, State
Kennesaw ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 limited
For the past few weeks I've started noticing a vibration in the gas pedal. This only seems to happen during an increase in rpms usually about the 1500-2000 range. Could it be the motor mounts wearing out? or is there another issue I should be looking at?

The rotors and bearings are less then a year old, and didn't notice any issues when I replaced the brake pads.

There's no vibration that matches it in the floor boards.

When I rest my foot on the gas pedal and don't press down there is no vibration.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be the motor mounts. If it's an automatic you can give it gas while holding the brakes and have someone look to see if the engine is twisting excessively. You may be able to see it yourself between the hood and the cowl, when the hood is open.

Thanks I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I might just replace them anyway when I do a lot of work on my explorer next month.

listen and feel closely when shifting from reverse to forward too because it changes the angle of torque on the motor. this should make it more obvious if a mount is going. vibration an definitely be indicative of a mount goin up. good guess.

Took a look with the hood up and did notice more shift then I think should be there. It's going on my to do list.

Back