Vision-X Tantrum Rock Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vision-X Tantrum Rock Lights

Just to throw out there as an option for anyone who is thinking about rock lights, I got some of these vision-x LED ones that are real popular with the jeep guys and toyota forums. The kit comes with 8 pucks with 15 LED's in each, they have a master control, remote control, a bunch of different functions and strobes, mounting hardware, and can plug into a cigarette lighter. About a hundred bucks depending on where you get them and for what you get, I think it's worth it.

Here's a link:http://www.visionxusa.com/Accent_Lighting-Tantrum/c125_24/index.html

And a youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oqGKHCa7E

IMG_1359_zps71631334.jpg

It is a really nice kit. I run them on my Jeep rock crawler. I originally glued magnets to the back of the pods but over time they would fall off. Then I made some metal holders for them and then use small magnets to attach them to the body/frame so I can move them around as needed or use them for a work light too.

Attachments

• m_Steel Clamp (3).jpg
    m_Steel Clamp (3).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 282
  • m_Steel Clamp (4).jpg
    m_Steel Clamp (4).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 569

To update this, I'm pretty disappointed with the kit. Everything I read on other forums the people seemed to love these things but I realized that was all from around 2007-2011. Don't know if the quality has changed since then but I've had to order two of these kits because in the first one the control box had one connector that didn't work, and now with the second kit the control box stopped working after about a week of use. So I'm done with them. If I wanted to, all I would have to do is hardwire the lights to a switch and it would be all good (there's nothing wrong with the led's, just the control box they plug into) but I'm planning on putting in Oracle halos over the summer so I'd rather spend my money on that. So most likely I'm going to just sell the lights, there's 8 pods with 15 LED's in each pod, with about 2 truck lengths of wiring for each light so it's enough to do pretty much anything with them. Whoever buys them can do whatever they want as far as wiring them up to a switch and whatnot.

I'll do more looking into it to see what price I'll sell them for, I know vision-x sells the lights by themselves so it'll obviously be cheaper than what 8 of those would be, but they're pretty much brand new since they were on the truck for a week barely even used. So for now I'm just throwing it out there and if you want 'em, reply here or PM or I'll come up with a price and put it here. Pretty pissed about this with all the good reviews but what can ya do.

Back