• Register Today It's free!

Visor Question

nuttyopossum

Reaction score
City, State
Brookfield, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Hey, I did a search and didnt find alot of information on this and I'm not sure if this is where I should post.

Basically I have a 2000 sport without the homelink on the visor. If I understand correctly you can program that for garage openers and such. Is it possible to get a visor with the homelink off of ebay or something and just put it in? Or would I have to do anything special like running any new wires and the likes?

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wires might already be there..... a lot of people add the overhead consoles to vehicles not originally equipped with them.... if you need pictures of where to mount in my gallery there is a roof section of explorer with the headliner removed.... i know a member here named zenzius put an overhead console into his 94, might want to do a search for that....

I added a Homelink visor off eBay to my 1997 XLT. The wiring plug for the vanity light was different. The factory visor had a one plug wire for power only. The Homelink one had a two wire plug for power and ground. I stripped the plug off and attached the ground around one of the mounting screws and it's been working great for over a year. Having the voice recorder and integrated garage door openers is a great mod.

-treywylie

Back