• Register Today It's free!

VST Report

Snort

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I just put a set of VST's on my '94. Keep in mind that I was replacing OEM's with 70,000 miles on them. Nevertheless, they have reduced the Ford boat effect from a rating of 10, to an acceptable 3 (scale of 1 to 10). Steering response is improved. Braking is more stable, reduced bump effect.

In my opinion, the Gabriel VST, Monroe Reflex and Edelbrock IAS shocks the same technology, they are gas shocks with a stiffening valve for impact control. Don't waste your money on the more expensive versions, by the VST's at Pep Boys for $20 a shot.

Yea your right they do a great job over stock and the price is real nice. However next round if im not lifted id get the OMEs. I have heard they are the best for stock or ones with TT.

I have the Gabriel's on my '01 (with a 2" tt & Shackles). I replaced my factory shocks when they had only 4000 miles on them because the factory shocks suck!! The difference between a good set (if you can call them that) of factory shocks, and the Gabriels is amazing.

You are correct, the Gabriel's, the Edlebrocks, and the Monroe's are the same basic design.

I got a set of the gabriel LT VST's tonight and should have them on by the weekend.

Back