Waffling in "5R55E hell" (post-rebuild) - No 1st, reverse or OD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Waffling in "5R55E hell" (post-rebuild) - No 1st, reverse or OD

Did the set-screw case-mod and drain-plug while waiting for VB

... tic-toc, Clarise.... ;)

Since I have to wait a couple days for the VB to show up, I went ahead and performed the Sonnax set-screw case mod (and added two additional as well). Also finished adding the drain plug to the deep pan. Turned out nice:

Attachments

• SAM_0368.jpg
    SAM_0368.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 722
  • SAM_0362.jpg
    SAM_0362.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 700
  • SAM_0363.jpg
    SAM_0363.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 881
  • SAM_0365.jpg
    SAM_0365.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 705

"Valve body time" ... here goes.....

Donny's valve body arrived earlier in the week; ... time for round #2. I'll let y'all know how it goes.... :)

--mike

Attachments

• SAM_0372.jpg
    SAM_0372.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 707

Mikey likes it!! Works great :)

Just finished putting in one of Donny's valve bodies from Central Valve Bodies and I am definitely a happy camper today.

As Phil would say, NOW we're cookin' with peanut oil! :D Much much better. No delays, no slips, no flares and all gears work. And... no trouble codes! :)

I drove it about 50 miles today, and will report back after I've accumulated a few thousand more. Just wanted to thank everyone here for tolerating my numerous posts, and also for all the valuable info.

Also wanted to give Central Valve Bodies a tip-of-the-ole-hat. I will definitely recommend them to anyone.

Thanks again!

--mike

Back