• Register Today It's free!

Waiting is the hardest part

clayjo

Reaction score
City, State
Norwalk, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Settled on terms and ordered a 2013 sport in silver a few days ago. Was told about 8-12 weeks. Ouch. Good things come to those who wait I guess. At lease I was able to choose exactly what I wanted. And X-plan too.

Hopefully get my VIN next week and start following some progress.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be PMing Crystal soon...

Does anybody know why there is such a limited supply and not more available to begin with? Fortunately, it works better for me to wait and get exactly what I want.

police orders?
high demand?

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be PMing Crystal soon...

Does anybody know why there is such a limited supply and not more available to begin with? Fortunately, it works better for me to wait and get exactly what I want.

police orders?
high demand?

Hi clayjo!

I'll look forward to seeing your PM. When I last communicated with the Explorer brand manager, he told me that we are experiencing high demand for the Sport; our folks at the plant are working hard to keep up with the popularity of this Explorer. As I'm sure you've heard from others, the wait is definitely going to be worth it. :D

Crystal

PM sent.

Maybe it's just this area of the country. I don't see a lot of the Explorers on the road.

I ordered mine a on March 11th

I got my VIN thanks to Crystal a week after and a build date from my dealer 2 days later. April 22nd.

I am so amped to get this vehicle!

Back