Want a new truck | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want a new truck

Ah nuts, I was looking forward to seeing some pics of your new ride. ;)
Smart decision though, I chose to do the same thing with my X for dental school. THe way I figure it, we can spend less now and work our butts off and get killer rides later!
Good luck and congrats on the new job!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

VBVA said:
VAHAM - Springfield, eh. I just started looking for apartments this week. Just been surfing the internet for nice communities in safe areas, almost all of them in Fairfax county. What places do you recommend for a 3 bedroom townhouse or apartment with rent around $1500-$1800?

Just for the record, areas are only "safe" until a crime is commited/reported there. The generic term "Springfield" covers a lot of territory, some aging, older communities, many newer communities.

It really depends on your tastes, I would take a couple of weekends and explore NO VA a little.

As a rule, Springfield is going to be much more reasonable than say McLean, Oakton, or Tyson's Corner, but just slightly further out (and possibly more central to new subdivisions) might be in Prince William County- Dale City, Nokesville, Manassas.
As someone else mentioned, the Dulles-Leesburg corridor is also a possibility.
And there is nothing wrong with Springfield/Lorton/Annandale, either.

One of the things I found out in this business- don't base your house-hunting on proximity to your job when in construction... it is bound to change every six months or even less.

Hope I was some help, anyway.

BTW, good choice on keeping the Ex, now go buy a $500.00 front wheel drive rice burner with good A/C, carry liability coverage/uninsured motorist... and laugh at $ 1.80/gallon !!

CLH

I noticed you were going to check out the xterras...i've driven one and i think they are a piece of shizzle! crap i tell you lol. my 2 cents, good lucking choosing.

if rent for a house is 1800 a month i hate to see what a mortgage payment is out there... thats insane...

The houses I'll be building start around $600k and go up to almost $2 million.

I'm still looking for a place myself and I'm still going to nurse the Ex for a few more years.

Back