want to do 351W in 94 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

want to do 351W in 94

I was reading about that that it's limits about 650-700 I believe is the limit so I was going to get like a dart block or similar high quality name brand to know it will hold up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats a $1000 production block... I know where they can stick that. (HINT, HINT, its not in my engine compartment!)

They send you these things that can go at any angle and you hook them to PVC pipe in the shape you need then you ship that back to them and you headers look like them sp they fit any thing you can get the pipe into.

seems like a ton of cash when TRS has several threads listing what headers will fit a ranger of the same vintage.

seems like a ton of cash when TRS has several threads listing what headers will fit a ranger of the same vintage.
I wheeled with a guy from TRS who had a 351 in a Ranger. He got it to fit, used OE exhaust manifolds of some type because clearance with the steering was real tight. A 302 is a bit narrower because the deck height is lower and will fit easier.

I have a set of shorty truck headers that look like they may fit, but i have no idea what they actually are, they were on the engine when i bought the truck i removed it from. I myself am not afraid to cut up a header that i didnt pay for though

Instead of starting new thread, thought I would ask this hear. Getting a 91 explorer 4x4 for free, stock except it has locking hubs and rust. I would like to swap a v8 in this and have read numerous times that the 351 is harder, but not much beyond that, I have a 383w short block or else I would go 5.0 anyway. Has any one considered fenderwell exit headers like the full size guys run?

I had not considered that I was thinking of side pipes with the cut outs in them so if the cops don't like the straight pipe then you got a cherry bomb or coffin muffler.

A 383W should fit since it's a stroked 351W at least I hope it does since I want to stroke mine to 427. :D

have you found any write ups on installing 351s in these kind of trucks with 4wd?

pufferfish had everything mocked up and ready to bolt in, but then scrapped the project after getting everything figured out, so he never did a write up on the install

800 hp? wow.

My thoughts too. I like the 351w as much if not more then the 302, and since I have the 383 short block this seems the cheapest way to go. I feel as if fenderwell exit style headers, or maybe flipping the headers like budget turbo mustang guys do might help with some of the fitment issues, things like the battery can always be relocated rearward. A 3 inch body lift might help with brake booster clearence, and couldn't the booster be eliminated for manual brakes or hydro boost?

You could try a mount like the old Bronco's used for the brake booster, if you need more room.

Buckshot-BrakeBooster011.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A body lift will fix all of the fitment issues except the headers. still gonna have to get custom headers

Back