• Register Today It's free!

351w in a 93 xlt expo

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
any ideas on what i wll need to put this bad son of a beast in it???
im gona rebuild the engine, and drop a performance cam, new heads, and boar the crap outa it, make it a 427 strocker, and im gona race it, and drive it on the street some!
any thing i will be needing to know before i go and do it!?!?!?!?!?
cause i need all the info i can get! the 351w has a 3 speed tranny. and alot of miles on it, cant afford a new one, or a rebuild, think it will last, tranny does great, not a single slip, and shifts like my dads rebuilt AOD for a 302,
doesnt show anty signs of wear, or leaks, so think it would be good for a lill bit, till i can get the cash!
so this aint gona be no crazy truck, just something really fast, and really sweet to have1 i know it will take me a long time, cause that stroker kit is gona cost me about 1k so i needa start saving hahah!
so ya,
any info on it will be great,
i know i wont have ac, heat, power brakes and stearing! but thats fine!

do some research, You can keep power steering and brakes, along with ac and heat if you want. You have a c4 behind it now? It should work, just get a decent rebuild kit. But if you want to race it, look for a t5 or a race built c4.

do some research, You can keep power steering and brakes, along with ac and heat if you want. You have a c4 behind it now? It should work, just get a decent rebuild kit. But if you want to race it, look for a t5 or a race built c4.

man i reully couldnt tell you what tranny i have in it!
how much are t5's???? if you know!
thanks TJ

If its a 3 speed auto its a c4. Thats the only option, if its a manual, then I dont know wtf it is. As far as t5's go, you need to stop hitting the reply button and start hitting the search button. There are a few 351 exploreres on here, on is in the for sale forum right now. therangerstation.com tech section has alot of great v8 swap info.

Back