wanting to lower my sport trac, need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wanting to lower my sport trac, need help

tribal trac

Reaction score
City, State
Woodsfield , OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
Getting all my stuff together to start my spring project.Pertty well have everything bought or just have to go get it, but I need to know what I need to get to lower my '02 Sport Trac the right way! :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blocks and an alignment with a camber kit.

Just to add a bit to 98Ford's reply...
Torsion Twist up front (front alignment), blocks in the rear
Check out the search button for "lowering blocks" or just "lowering"- you'll find more info than you can imagine.

black magic,

great write up on the lowering instructions. I'm still a little confused on how the torsion bar bolts lower the truck. Is it that they let the tension off the bars that let the front end drop down? Anyway, that's not important i guess as long as it works lol. As far as the bolts go, how do you keep them from moving once you loosen them up? is there like another nut on the top end you have to tighten up or something? Also my last question, and most important. Besides doing an alingnment after the front end drop, are there any increased wear on the suspension from doing this? thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Holty
, are there any increased wear on the suspension from doing this? thanks for the help.

There should not be if you only go about 1 3/4 inches.

You are gonna like it.....

black magic,

great write up on the lowering instructions.

Thanks! I try and give back to this site as much as it has helped and inspired me!

I'm still a little confused on how the torsion bar bolts lower the truck. Is it that they let the tension off the bars that let the front end drop down? Anyway, that's not important i guess as long as it works lol.

As you back off the bolts it releases pressure on the front of the bars and allows the front to settle down more. As you tighten them it will raise the front of the truck.

As far as the bolts go, how do you keep them from moving once you loosen them up? is there like another nut on the top end you have to tighten up or something?

They are held in place with the weight of the truck on the T-bars. There are no other nuts or anything else to worry about after backing them out.

Also my last question, and most important. Besides doing an alingnment after the front end drop, are there any increased wear on the suspension from doing this? thanks for the help.

Deffanitly get an allignment after. As for increased wear that is what the allingment takes care of with the camber adjusters. You can get them from Explorer Express.com

Let me know if you have any other questions!

thanks for the help!

i think i got if from here......i'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Lowered Sport Tracs

Here is our X-Spec kit installed on a 2002 Sport Trac. Our lowering kits are basicaly the same for X's & S/T's. Vehicles with a production date of 03/02-> require a different kit. We have sold and installed many Sport Trac kits. This vehicle recieved the complete X -Spec Suspension Package.

John V @ Explorer Express

Attachments

• lowered sport trac web.jpg
    lowered sport trac web.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 19,882

Thanks guys, this forum was a huge help. I did a 4" drop on my 05 and would have never thought of flipping the torsions keys to get the extra inch on the front without the info here.

probably gonna lower mine some more tomorrow,,, gonna remove the torsion bolts and install 4'' blocks in the rear....

Back