Warning lights - 2009 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning lights - 2009 ford explorer

Leila Dickson

Reaction score
City, State
Nickerson
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 ford explorer
My abs, traction control, and wrench light is on and wont go off. What does that mean? Also on left side it sounds like something is scrapping all the time even when i speed up. What is that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It can be also the tone ring on the rear CV shaft. Do you know where the noise is coming from ?

The front on the passenger side

Ok, Like tech said, the sensor in the front hub is bad. I had same case but I could not even drive, it would apply brakes.

You need the whole new hub bearing assembly. Google HUB67, that's what I have been using.

Time to start pulling the wheels off and checking it out. See and feel what worn and go from there. Clearly there is something wrong at that side and/or other side.

I had noises on a different vehicle and had to pull both side to be sure and found which one was the problem. It was a hub bearing in that case. Could be that and brakes as well. A very bad hub can cause the break pad to go fast and off angle also tire cupping wear. The longer its been like that the bigger the toll on other items.

Back