Wanted - Warrior Shackle Info and other lift questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Warrior Shackle Info and other lift questions

Parts or services wanted
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
Alright so here goes, I have a 4inch lift that I want to put in, I have all of the stuff for the front of the ex its a 91 eddie bauer, I want to make shackles but I want them to be like the WAR153 shackles, if someone could give me the dimensions of the shackles that would be awesome, I plan on running them and the pro comp add a leaf from summit racing. What can I do for the brake lines, I don't really wheel at all, is there like a cheap fix, like throw in a couple inches of hard steel line or what is the best way to go about it? thanks a lot in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would also like to know since i have a machine shop....could save a few dollars and make a write up...

Here ya go !!!

picture.php

Amazing midnight rebel! What did u use to make that? Autocad?

Ok what hole size and what thickness should I make the center part( the part that connects bothe sides together)

I didn't make that picture, I got it from somewhere on here I believe. I do need to learn how to do stuff like that though since I'm gonna be making my own steel bumpers and swing out tire carrier, I'm used to just drfting pictures up on paper.

IIRC the bolt holes are 15mm or 9/16", I have a set on my lifted Sport Trac and I just bought another set for my wifes '97 Mountaineer from a member on the sport trac site for $45 shipped.

Yeah those aren't the right picture on their website, I'd call and make sure before. the pictures I posted are for the ST, Ranger, Explorer, those look like they are for a Jeep.

ok well i think im going to buy them instead...

http://www.desertrat.com/products/?id=5637 the war153

but in the pic they dont look like what u posted..... ?

DesertRat seems to like using "stock photos". e.g. for shackles, they just show a generic pair of shackles. Not a picture of what is really there.. I noticed that for some other parts I needed. I'm local to them so I just go down and look at them which helps.

~Mark

Back