Watch out for them boulders... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Watch out for them boulders...

Watch out for them boulders... *pics now*

EDIT: Pics are in message below! 8-6-03

It was 2 years in the making, but my friend and I finally got to go camping... On Saturday we decided to take my X out and find some good wheeling spots, so we went down a road I hadn't explored before in the area which was all nice until you went around a sharp curve along Crow Creek.

I was met with 2 large boulders, a path going around and a path just big enough for an Explorer through the boulders... Of course, I chose the skinny road and barely made it through... I thought for sure I was gonna break somethin on the body, but with some fancy steering and just enough gas to get through, I made it unscathed (I have a pic of this place I can post when I get it scanned)

That done, we continued on to where the trail was blocked by rocks... Or so we thought... We got out to investigate and saw a trail going up the side of the hill about a 45 degree angle, curved around a boulder, over some rocks, and then smoothed out from there where it met the easy road again... So I tell my buddy to stand at the top and spot me while I drive up there... Come to find out the hill is soft loose dirt and rock, had to squeeze through two more rocks to get to the top, so I did that and the truck just stopped. My friend said "You can't get over that rock you just hit." So, I have to back up between the two rocks and try a different way, same thing... This time I'm in a horrible position to back up, but there's no other way around, and no way in hell was I giving up... So I'm backing and I'm turning, and I'm backing, and it looks like I'm clear, when I hear the lovely crunching sound... Get out to find I busted out a tail light, bent up the corner of my hatch a little, and scraped up the plastic on the back bumper... Picked up after myself and noticed I was in a perfect position to just go up and around the rock that was giving me trouble... So I did :D...

I got back to camp to find I also dented my rocker panel under the front passenger door... I have a pic of the back when I get it scanned also... and I know I took one of the rocker panel, but I can't find it in the envelope :mad: :mad:

that sux about the damage, but now it has character:)

i'll be keeping an eye out for those pics.

you play, you pay, my rocker is flat on the Passenger side, comes with the territory

ah well...at least she wasnt a show truck ;)

Back