Watch those low clearance signs! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Watch those low clearance signs!

Well I made my first good oops of the year today. I decided to grab a quick drivethru lunch and go wheelin in our new mud that the melted snow has made. So I go toward Wendy's and there are like a hundred cars there, so I figured what the hell I will go to McD's havent been there in like 6 months or more. So I get there wait to order like ten minutes then finally order and pull forward to the first window, well the drive way is a little sharp and I wasn't sitting quite right so I jumped up on the curb as I made the turn, well right in the middle of the corner is the low clearance sign. Which is way too short, but thankfully as short as the building. Well I ripped the sign right off the pole and it landed in my roofrack making some horrible noises. I stopped and almost died laughing after seeing what happened. A few other onlookers got quite a kick out of it too! The manager however did not think it was so funny, he said he was going to call the cops, I laughed and asked why, he said because I vandilized his store, and if I didnt quit laughing he might file charges. Well now he was just being a jerk, so I got pissed off and told him to go call them then. So he did and the cop that came just happened to be a friend of mine, he laughed until he almost wet himself, then we got the sign out of my rack and noticed that there are just hoops on the sign and J hooks on the bar holding it so I put it back up and apologized, like the bigger man, to the manager who was still very upset. Then sign was fine not even a scratch but the guy was mad still, the cops let me go, Of course!, and I left there mad because the whole thing could have been avoided if that manager hadn't been such a *****, so I didnt even get to go wheelin, and to boot my camera was at home! oh well no more McDonalds drive thru for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lmao, there have been some great stories around here lately. this one and when studdedx had the ricer tell him his Ex couldn't pull his neon out of the ditch so he left him there. Keep up the good work big dawgs. I lover sneaking into parking ramps nowdays and barely fitting.

whoa, hold up, wait a minute. what about the food?!? did you get the food? what did you get?...a #2? oh man, a #2 is so good :) 2 cheeseburgers, fries, and an orange hi-c; thats good eatin'! ;)

haha that's hillarious!!! glad you made out all right. that's a good lesson to learn though. i'll have to watch for those when i install my cb antenna on the roof rack. don't want to let that snap or break something.

Ah thecheeseburgers meal, I woulda got 2 big macs for $2. those rock. But seriously that is one helluva story, i was laughin so hard just sittin here trying to imagine you pullin down the sign off the shop and the manager gettin ticked and you laughin at him.
LOL anyways glad to hear you apologized

LOL thats funny. Good job for being the bigger man Marshal. The people at BurgerKing by my work know when I'm pulling up. You can hear my CB antena scraping against their metal roof a distance of about 15 feet. When I get up to the window they always say I knew it was you.

BTW Marshal Where are the pics of your truck? I wana see it.

heh heh thats funny cause I can see you doing that! :)

ooh.. antenna..

I have learned to watch those clearance markers.. my X has a 9' fiberglass whip on the roof rack
I picked my sister up from Portland airport for christmas and yall should have heard the racket I made in the parking garage.. I had to remove the antenna to get out.. hehe..

LMAO!

I go up to a parking garage in a local town to wax my X (hey, it's quiet and there's no obnoxious ricers ;) ) . I forgot to unscrew my CB Antenna one time, and it took me a little while to figure out what the "WHACK! Ting ting ting ting ting ting ting" noise was, lol!

good story marshall..i used to break out the flourescent lights at the sonic on chelton in the springs at least once a week with my cb antenna untill it had an untimely death via big tree now it just lays in my bed..oh by the way when we gonna get out and do a little wheeling me and joe93 going to penrose tomorrow...Zach

PLEASE tell me you left your truck right there in the drive through lane until the cops, err your friends, got there... I'd have said nope you called em now I want them to file a report just like it was an accident!!! Not my fauld you're losing revenue because of it!!! You called em not me!!!

Back