• Register Today It's free!

Water Leak

rey464

Reaction score
City, State
loxahatchee fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls
My 2006 explorer leaks by the rear view mirror when it rains, any ideas ? I thought was the windshield and I sealed off the rubber around the windshield with glass sealer but it still leaks a lot. I cover my stereo with a towel so it don't get wet. South Florida.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have the sunroof? If not, it has to be the window gasket.

I have a sunroof and that happened to me. In my case, it was a disconnected sunroof drain.

No sunroof on my 2006 EB v 8. I applied glass sealer at the windshield rubber gasket but it still leaks

Do you have the plastic rails on the roof?

Roof Racks?

I have no knowledge of roof racks being a problem, but I am into large Buick station wagons. The roof racks are known for leaking on them.

I think I would bring it to a glass place and make sure the glass is set correctly.

Tom

Water leak fixed

It turns out I needed to apply the glass sealer on the entire rubber on the top part of the windshield, both sides. That stopped the water from getting in. The shop told me it would cost $145. To remove and reseal and the glass is likely to break which then would cost at least $199.to replace with a new windshield. Glass sealer only cost $3.00 and takes 10 min to apply. NO MORE LEAKS.
Now the transmission is slipping/jerking/rumble. Oy vey !!!!

Back