Weird Feeling...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird Feeling...?

I just got new 33x12.5 Xterrains installed on my 92 explorer today. I jus had a couple questions. When i brake and slow down now when it gets pretty slowed down i feel like a bumpy end to the stop. Or if i driving really slow jus lettin the engine pull - 10mph it feels the same. Anyone know what that could be. I am also leaking differiential fluid now or at least thats what the guys at the shop said pretty bad, but i checked it and my other fluids and everything is fine but somehting is leaking. I dunno Can anyone help me out. Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are your tires rubbing on the fenders? --that could be the bumpiness
I don't know how you coould be leaking diff. fluid, unless you blew a hole in it somehow.
Ryan

Oh, how much lift are you running?

The fenders arent rubbing unless i hit i big bump i need to trim the actual fender like the body part jus dont know how to do it. I dont see how i could be leaking that either i havent hit anything and it is totally normal level like nothing has been gone. I have a 3in body lift with shakles and coil spring spacers.

What you are feeling is the large lugs slap the ground. This is normal with X-terrains, and much worse with Baja Claws.

Yeah when I had Dunlop Mud Rovers you really felt the lugs at slow speeds. My Pro Comp Mud Terrains on the other hand are extremely smooth and quieter.

james t said:
What you are feeling is the large lugs slap the ground. This is normal with X-terrains, and much worse with Baja Claws.

That is what it is, your tires. Not sure about the leak part. If its diff fluid, it would be coming from the pumpkin seal or the axles if something is really blown. Right guys!

Back