Weird Noise. Speakers- Please help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird Noise. Speakers- Please help!!

pajare

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
Hi All,

Need your help desperately. I have an explorer XLT 2011.

I noticed a weird and constant high pitch but not loud interference type noise coming out of the passenger side speaker ( and sometimes the driver side speakers) which is very annoying and to tell you the truth it is making me and the family go crazy. In fact, when you roll up the passenger side window, you can hear the noise as well coming out of the side speaker. It has been like this for about 1 year. Sometimes it mysteriously and suddenly goes away just to come back in a week or two. This happens with both the radio ON and Off.
I have taken the car several times to the dealer and they have noticed the noise as well and recognize there is a problem. The first time they said it was the antenna, changed it and it didn't solve the problem, it keeps happening. The second time they said it could be 2 wires touching somewhere inside the wiring system of the car. Kept the car for 3 days in the dealer and it didnt solve the problem. bottom line, the dealer doesn't know whats going on and I need your help in order to help the dealer solve my problem.

Oh I almost forgot, sometimes when I go over a speed bump or the tires fall into a pothole, Boom. The noise goes away for 1 or 2 days.

Thanks for your help in advance. Love my Explorer otherwise.

Jaime.

Panama City , Panama

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum pajare.:wavey:
I'm no expert but I would never have assumed the antenna might be the problem. Do you get this noise without the engine running as well? Does the noise come out of all speakers? I'm leaning towards a problem with the radio itself. If it is really bothering you and you are out of warranty, why not take it to a radio/audio shop to have it diagnosed. I would think that they would be better at trying to find the issue.

Good luck.

Peter

Could be a bad case ground. (outer case of the radio)

They use a clip on ground wire from the case to a steel part of the dash,

Not such a good arrangement. (intermittent contact)

To test this use an alligator clip jumper from the case of the radio to a good ground location.

If that clears it up, then the case ground is the prob.

This can also be caused by the alternators built in voltage regulator, which also includes the noise suppressor.

I have the same problem with the same model, and it drives me nuts. So has the issue been fixed? And how?

Problem fixed! Problem was with the amp for the 2 front speakers (located on the right side behind the 2nd row of seats). Bad soldering was to blame.

Problem fixed! Problem was with the amp for the 2 front speakers (located on the right side behind the 2nd row of seats). Bad soldering was to blame.
. Is this issue on the Sony audio system? My explorer is doing the same thing but I don’t have the Sony.

Welcome to the Forum Mikie.:wave:

Peter

Back