• Register Today It's free!

Wet driver floorboard

twanhines

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer V6
I have noticed for the past few months that my front driver floorboard has been getting wet when it rains. At first I thought it was my A/C system since it was replaced along with the heater coil. But my dad and I found that had nothing to do with it. I don't know if the rain is coming from the windshield gasket or what. I notice when i lift the rubber mat up, it seems very damp at first, then as the sun stays out it dries fairly quickly, like within two hours. But then when it rains it's wet again. I don't know if it could be coming from the sunroof gasket, i checked to make sure its closed all the way and it is. Any ideas?:confused::

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weatherstriping, and heater core. Check those.

I've had the heater core changed (lol not coil) And its been checked. Where is the weatherstripping? I know a dump question, I'm still learning though

Check the drain holes for the sun roof also to be sure they are not blocked. There's one on each front corner of the sun roof. Debris sometimes collects in front of front of drain hole and blocks water drainage. If they get blocked, channel will fill with water and run over. Sun roof weather strip is water resistant but not waterproof so some water leaks through. Open the sun roof and pour about 1/2 cup water into channel at each front corner. If water doesn't drain out, drain hole is blocked. If drain hole is plugged, don't clear it by trying to push the obstruction out through the drain hole or you will just wind up plugging the rubber drain hose attached to the nipple on the other side or push the drain hose off the nipple.

Back