wharton in april | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wharton in april

Looks like those waders got put to good use! Wish I was there. Hope next time!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I said in the vid, "When I get stuck, I know how to get stuck."

Yeah that you have down pat!! LMAO Everything ok with your truck? You said the transfer case was acting up right?

My truck is such a whiny *****. She's fine. Ripped the carpet out, though. I'm going to raptor line it over the summer, for now I'm running with just black rustoleum paint and my two sets of floormats.

Also, put my grill guard on. Works great, fits perfect to protect my lights.

When can we do the snorkels and such? I'm all up for "work on the trucks" day :D

My truck is such a whiny *****. She's fine. Ripped the carpet out, though. I'm going to raptor line it over the summer, for now I'm running with just black rustoleum paint and my two sets of floormats.

Also, put my grill guard on. Works great, fits perfect to protect my lights.

When can we do the snorkels and such? I'm all up for "work on the trucks" day :D

Whenever you are ready to do it....Jack's got pretty much everything he'd need. And his work truck has a impact gun in case it's needed. I know Evan can't WAIT to get his done. Did he tell you his power seat broke, his motor mount broke and his tps took a crap? We were actually looking into a body lift for ours. So who knows...we might be even bigger next time :D

...his motor mount broke?

That sucks hardcore.

And a bodylift? Jeeze, I'm stock height and you guys just want to get higher and higher.

...his motor mount broke?

That sucks hardcore.

And a bodylift? Jeeze, I'm stock height and you guys just want to get higher and higher.

yeah he said it's the second time the same one has broke...so I dunno. yeah man...the bigger the better! We checked the bumper/light height last night. We're 3 inches inder by bumper and I think 6 inches under from the lights. A body lift for our truck is running right around 100. Which isn't bad at all. He was looking at them last night because the body mounts are bad anyway. But whenever you're ready to cut up that fender let us know. All you'll really need is the pvc and some silicone. We have all the other stuff lying around here somewhere.

downsized_0423091509.jpg

Pretty nice way to spend $60, if you ask me.

Looks good! Now someone can sit their ass on your guard while you attempt to go in reverse through a puddle! hahaha

So now I can match some faces to the names (or at least Explorer Forum handles)! So SuddenDeath is the guy that got all the water in the passenger side of his vehicle. AllEizOnMe is the one w/ the camera. Who's the other one in waders? Is that 924dr4x4? And Andy, well, we've met, right?

So, AllEiz0nMe, thanx for the vids. I'm jealous of you all. I hope next time! My truck is way too clean now!

Do it by trucks. I'm the dude with the blue explorer with the lights. 'Nuff said. :D

Do it by trucks. I'm the dude with the blue explorer with the lights. 'Nuff said. :D

Yeah if you do it that way we're the big ass truck that pulled out the blue explorer with the lights....hahaha. You got John (924dr4x4) right. He was the one in the other waders. And I don't think we got Evan on video. He was the smaller Blazer that also got stuck. By the way...I figured out what I want our sticker to say. Since we do more pulling out than actual off roading...Wharton Recovery Vehicle would look good. hahaha j/k

So when is the next trip going to be? We're already planning on heading up on the 17th of may to meet another group so I don't know if you guys wanted to make it then or on another date? But John's son's birthday is the weekend following the 17th and we're taking my oldest out the Saturday before the 17th for his birthday.

17th of May sounds awesome for me. Gives some time to work on the trucks inbetween outings.

How old is your older son? Jack Jr.? Shouldnt he be getting his license soon? Maybe we should go the 17th and then like the next weekend, so he can get his Cherokee dirty :p

How old is your older son? Jack Jr.? Shouldnt he be getting his license soon? Maybe we should go the 17th and then like the next weekend, so he can get his Cherokee dirty :p

Tyler's my oldest he'll be 11...lol Jack jr is Jack's son from his first marriage. He's 17 soon to be 18 and has had his permit since he was 16. BUT because he cannot pay for his own insurance his mother and step father won't let him get his license.

You gonna have a snorkel on that thing before we head out again? lol

Ahh, I see, I see.

I'd love to! When is a good weekend to head down? I was thinking maybe next saturday or sunday?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahh, I see, I see.

I'd love to! When is a good weekend to head down? I was thinking maybe next saturday or sunday?

Next weekend would be prefect...Jack has off all next weekend so he'll be here. Maybe if it's nice enough out we'll cook on the bbq

Back