Wharton in May | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wharton in May

lol ok cool. im gonna see if my friend wants to go down in his truck and ill just tag along but he probably wont be down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok heres the deal, i just talked to my friend (a member of this forum) and he said if he doesnt have work tomorrow we can get my water pump done quick and well both bring our trucks down, but if we dont do that well probably both just go down in his truck. hopefully i can bring mine down though because it hasnt seen the woods yet

andy if u can make it..thats great u can get some video's of me driving backwards through some mud holes..lol..jk..if u can make it,we'll see u there,if not theres always another day

alright me and my buddy joe are deffinetly coming, can i get someones cell number whos in charge of this thing incase i need to call while were on the road? and can i get all the details? like where are we meeting and stuff like that.

Smurf Check your private messages. I sent my number along with the address where we are meeting. Also we meet at 10 am :)

ok me, smurf, and two of my home boys are commin see yall at 10....

Please everyone...consider the fact that we'll be out there for a while and there is no wawa close by. Bring along something to eat and drink. We'll probably be eating on the trails somewhere. Or back at the ranger station. Also if you have any two way radio's bring those along also. Cb's are a definite plus if you have one.

I'm so glad I decided to take the boy for a ride last nite in the Ex. It broke down 1/2 mile from my house! Had I got it to Wharton, man would I be pissed! Seems like something between the engine and trans. I reinstalled the engine my self after the rebuild so I'm assuming some error on my part. The starter sounded odd when I started it, and now after it went "clank" while on the road, I can't start it. Like the starter spins, but just barely makes a grinding noise. I think the fly wheel or TC separated. This time to my mechanic!

good luck with it! I hope it's nothing too bad!!

ok everyone...here's the pictures from yesterday.http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s339/alleiz0nme/Wharton%20May%2017th/ Want any of your rig just make sure you're not saving the thumbnail version. View it full size and right click it to save it. :) Had a blast!! And we finally MADE it to 1/4 mile. Joe (hope I got the right name) how'd the truck make out? I hope it's not too bad.
Edit: I'm working on the video's today so I'll have them in a few days.
Edit: Didn't take as long as I thought it would have so here are the videos http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CA57C7491AFCACA1

The Ex is sitting in the drive way while I wait to see how much money will be available for repairs. I'm just so frustrated that I DON"T want to fix it myself, but then again, the money savings is almost too good. It's the confidence of a job done right the first time, well 2nd time in this case, that has me leaning towards professional help! Oh, and it's John, not Joe. See, down there in my signature?

Oh, and it's John, not Joe. See, down there in my signature?
lol no that was meant for mudbug. He twisted a shackle yesterday. The one above that was meant for you :) I know your name....lol Would you by chance have a mechanic that could tell you what the problem is without charging you. That way you know what to look for?
edit: our mechanic usually just tells us what it needs and we fix it ourselves. Guess it kinda helps that he's a friend and also the landlord. lol

joe..it was nice to finally meet ya,its about time..lol..smurf it was nice meetin ya..hey john by any chance when u threw the starter back in..did you put the shims in or no?

yea it was nice meeting all you guys too, maybe well come down next month. or maybe you guys should come up by us sometime

lol no that was meant for mudbug. He twisted a shackle yesterday. The one above that was meant for you :) I know your name....lol Would you by chance have a mechanic that could tell you what the problem is without charging you. That way you know what to look for?
edit: our mechanic usually just tells us what it needs and we fix it ourselves. Guess it kinda helps that he's a friend and also the landlord. lol

Yeah, my mechanic is cool. However, the minimum it's gonna take is still separating the trans from the engine to get a glimpse of what's going on in there. I guess he could take the starter out and peek in thru that hole, but I'm sure trans removal is the minimum. If he does that I'm gonna want to pay him at least the $100 for the time to get that far. However, if he's got the time and room to keep my truck there, I'd love to help him do the work and get a better idea of what I did wrong the first time. But if he needs to get my rig out of there asap, I'm gonna want to just have him do the work while it's on the lift. If I can be there to do some of the work and save some $$, so be it, but if not, I'd rather just give him the $$ this time.

is it legal up there smurf??sorry i dont remember ur name..lol...i know im horrible with names

is it legal up there smurf??sorry i dont remember ur name..lol...i know im horrible with names
Pssst....His name's Dan. lol And as far as next month can we wait on the date. I know someone who wants to go bad but he has to see what weekend he'll be able to go. He'll be away on the 28th for sure. But he had to check the 21st to see if his manager was going to be on vacation that weekend.
Edit: We may be going up there on the 7th. Another forum is having a historic/mud run and I really want to go. :)

Once again guys, great run. I'm lifting my X, 2" suspension and 3" body, and grabbing a set of 33" super swampers that are for sale around here. Best part of it all? Regearing and dropping a locker in, too. So, next time we go out...she'll be a whole new kind of beast.

I can't wait for the next run :D :D :D

Yeah, my mechanic is cool. However, the minimum it's gonna take is still separating the trans from the engine to get a glimpse of what's going on in there. I guess he could take the starter out and peek in thru that hole, but I'm sure trans removal is the minimum. If he does that I'm gonna want to pay him at least the $100 for the time to get that far. However, if he's got the time and room to keep my truck there, I'd love to help him do the work and get a better idea of what I did wrong the first time. But if he needs to get my rig out of there asap, I'm gonna want to just have him do the work while it's on the lift. If I can be there to do some of the work and save some $$, so be it, but if not, I'd rather just give him the $$ this time.

Well, I wish you the best of luck with it!! Here's hoping it isn't anything too major!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Next Wharton Run

Ok...so instead of making a new thread every time I just figured I'd post here. The next run we figured on June 14th as the date. Same time 10:00/10:30 am. And probably the same people....lol

definite
John-924dr4x4
Evan-ethanjames
Bill-suddendeath
Us-alleiz0nme
Dave-02 sonoma + 1 (not sure if his brother in law is bringing his tacoma or not)
Jonathan-IF we get the cherokee fixed in time
George-F350

possible
Chris (friend from another forum)
oisinirish (another forum friend also but don't know their name. lol)

Edit: we are also heading out on the 7th. They're doing a mud/historic run that is open to all vehicles. We're going to see if we can find some new trails :)

Back