wharton run on nov 13! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wharton run on nov 13!

anyone happen to know what happened to bats?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully he'll check in today. I'm curious what the other group did and where they went.

Idk.... im thinkin somethin happened on the way home... I know he wrecked the truck...

Well guys I too had a blast and deffinetly want to do it again! I however just got home an hour ago after being towed home myself!

**** man, missed this last night.... atleast u had favors to call in and made it home

I'm alive. On the way home, literally 5 minutes from my house my right front tire came off and took the caliper, brake line and hub with it. I skidded on the blacktop 50 or so feet, hit the median, flipped backwards and rolled twice. It was like a carnival ride from hell. I climbed out the window and turned around and thanked my lucky stars. There was literally just the axle shaft sticking out on the right side.

Other than that I had a blast yesterday, despite the lack of coordination. I stayed back with one of the guys from The Ranger Station while he fixed his battery cable and the group just took off. Any one friends with those Jeepers? They took some good pics of us.

Glad to hear your ok. I got real worried as I had heard u had wheelbearing noise on the way down, was afraid somethin like what happened had happened

Atleast u had a blast otherwise

The jeeperrs seem to be the ones screwin up the whole deal and leavin people.
whoever the hell is at fault its not cool to abandon people who are broke in the ####ing woods

Jesus! I'm glad youre alright dude, thats one hell of a way to end the day. I thought I was worst one off.

Sorry about the truck, but still glad youre alright.

I guess that seems to be the norm with the front of that group BREAK DOWN AND WELL LEAVE YA. But for the lack of consideration on their part it was a great day, sorry to hear about you guys, but your home n safe and thats allways a good thing, if you guys ever wanna get together for a run pm me and well keep it small.

I'm alive. On the way home, literally 5 minutes from my house my right front tire came off and took the caliper, brake line and hub with it. I skidded on the blacktop 50 or so feet, hit the median, flipped backwards and rolled twice. It was like a carnival ride from hell. I climbed out the window and turned around and thanked my lucky stars. There was literally just the axle shaft sticking out on the right side...

Yikes! Glad you are OK. If you get it fixed/get a new ride (is it totaled?) we should wheel again.

Damn bats! Glad to hear your ok! I know we talked briefly about that bearing givin up and I wondered all day if you made it. I'm so glad I caught mine when I did seein how I was feet from gettin on 295. I did get it changed out today but I missed a day of work thou. I also found I'm in desperate need of upper and lower ball joints and a-arm bushings! I can't wait to get a beater and stop runnin her everyday....

As for another run, I am deffinetly down to go with the same crew again. Atleast we can count on each other and look out for one another! ;)

Thanks you guys, I'm very grateful to not be hurt as well as have you guys looking out for me too! It had a little bit of axle growl for the longest time, just like my green 94 Ex so I figured it was normal. It didn't sound that horrible until I turned on to my exit. It went from minor warbl to horrible growling but I figured 5 minutes, I'll make it. Then the whole truck started shaking and the rest is history. Now I finally have a donor car for the my other truck. Hopefully I'll be up and running again for the spring.

josh, i remembered someone sayin that and couldnt remember who

bats, if u can still make the trip for new years spend the weekend riddin with, we'll make room for you if you dont have a rig

holy poo im glad your ok dan and hey now not everyone up front was a ****** just werent notified at all that you were left till we stopped so i called but it was to late next time just us for sure jeeps and rangers werent as much of a close group as we are all except dave were more worried about themselves then the group itself. dan even saved the day for the one ranger if only we couldve prevented what had happened to you.

OMG i just looked at EF WTF!! bats flipped his ****!? dude tell him im glad hes alright and if he needs help fixing his other rig to.. well i guess he cant really let me know.. best wishes!

bats, that was from cliford97, the one you were with that had the bat cable problem

hey anybody have any pics of munk from the trip?

Looks like you guys had a blast. I'd love to join you for a snow run sometime in the winter, provided no one leaves anyone behind. ;)

Agreed, another run maybe mid January would be a good place to start.

Dan

I'm game for mid-january or something like that, at least gives us all some time to recover and repair.

Hey sudden was it your clutch or was it something else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad every one made it back in some way shape or form. Whose truck was that up on the flatbed a few posts back?

Back