What deal should I expect if I ordered a 2012 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What deal should I expect if I ordered a 2012 Explorer

JorgeV15

Reaction score
City, State
Coral Gables, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer - Ordered
So I order a 2012 explorer, it's coming next week! The sticker says 48,545! I'm I expected to pay sticker price since I made the order to our specifications? Or do I have room to deal?

Jorge - > Soon to be owner 2012 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I order a 2012 explorer, it's coming next week! The sticker says 48,545! I'm I expected to pay sticker price since I made the order to our specifications? Or do I have room to deal?

Unless you've signed a purchase contract agreeing to pay sticker, you should be negotiating for a lower price. I'm not from the US, but there are some people on here who have received coupons for $750 off (or more?) and you should also be able to reduce the markup that the dealer has in the deal of say 6% down to 3%.

Some members have called marketing support and asked for the $750 coupon they were able to find a program number and get a certificate number good for $750.

Moral of the story...call Marketing Support if you don't get a coupon in the mail. They may have something for you.

There is also X-Plan pricing. If you buy a share of stock in Ford I think you qualify, but I've heard that you should be able to negotiate to lower than X-Plan. Your mileage may vary :) Good luck!

Did you order the Ex without discussing the price?

You should be able to get a better deal on an order, since the dealer already has a buyer, and the truck wont be sitting on the lot for weeks.

When I ordered mine I asked for $100 over invoice, and made sure that they would give the cash rebate + my $750 customer discount (even though it would expire before the Ex arrives).

I would say, dont buy it unless you feel ok with the deal.

Good luck!

I was able to order My X without paying an up front fee and no negotiations until the X was at the dealer. Now the dealer just called me saying my X is in and I can come in tomorrow.

Bad-Dog - How do I find what the invoice price is?

I'm not planning on paying the MSRP. I want to pay the market price but since it's a 2012. I'm not sure what that is, since it's still early and they just starting rolling out of the factory.

I need to ask Cory if he can send me that $750 Coupon!!!!

Cory - help - A new ford guy needs to save money :)

My first question to you is do you have a Purchase Order, it is the order of the car and then you sign it? Did the dealer make you sign it?

Also I ordered my Ex and I negotiated a price got it in writing before I signed the Purchaes Order, I was able to negotiate $100 under invoice and had $1000 rebate and another $500 for Military. I think you might want to ask some questions, because MIAMI IS THE WORST for buying a vehicle. Also don't forget there is a standard dealer fee and when I was going from dealer to dealer I asked and the average that Miami charges is like $799 and up. This is something too you might want to ask a dealer about, I dealed with Heritage Ford of Tampa/Wesley Chapel. I got everything in writing and I did place a deposit but never was charged, only if you back out they will charge your credit card the agreed upon which in my case was $500. I only paid $499 dealer fee.

I think you might want to scrutinize your Purchase order...again if you have one. I see you're in the Gables area so you must be dealing with either Maroone or Metro which personally all of them suck when it comes to negotiating. They all want to make money off you, ahem I mean rip you off.

One of the reason I got it under invoice was because I ordered and they didn't have any on the lot too and he told me upfront that it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Hope this helps you!! GOODLUCK, if you want the hook up I'll put you in contact with my Sales guy up in Tampa OH and he is really good honest guy. Well atleast as honest as they can get but he proved it to me with a Purchase order reflecting invoice pricing.

Cory can't help you with that, you need to call the department that the gentleman above referred you too. MARKETING, not the customer service rep.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/explorer/2012/options.html?sub=suv&style=101395108&trim=limited

Follow this link, option your Ex and it'll give you invoice pricing on the left and MSRP on the right

I was able to order My X without paying an up front fee and no negotiations until the X was at the dealer. Now the dealer just called me saying my X is in and I can come in tomorrow.

Bad-Dog - How do I find with the invoice price is?

I'm not planning on paying the MSRP. I want to pay the market price but since it's a 2012. I'm not sure what that is, since it's still early and they just starting rolling out of the factory.

I ordered my Ex, but havent seen or signed a PO. I wont even get a VIN until next wk (probably).

What should I do to protect myself when the dealer calls with a VIN. Should I be willing to go in and sign a PO? I dont think I should sign anything until I see the Ex, and test drive it.

The process (as far as I know), is to show up when the vehicle arrives, test drive it, and then sign the paperwork. At this point I have some verbal promises, an invoice that he printed when I ordered, and they have a $500 deposit that I gave him when I ordered. I was told that I am not obligated to purchase (for example if they try to charge me more than we agreed to when I ordered the vehicle or if they wont honor my expired $750 rebate).

Thanks!

2012 Ford Explorer SUV Limited - with options

OK TIO M thanks for the Tips. This is what I got for pricing on my X

Invoice - 45,084
True Market Value - 46,719
MSRP - 49,260 and my Sticker says - 48,545

Does this true market value mean out the door with dealer fees? plus Tax, Tag and Title

No that's not what it means.

Tax will vary if you have s trade in, Tags will go off if you transfer your plates and Title as well.

As far as desks go that is between you in the dealer, personally I would have done everything on paper and hyperthical OUT THE DOOR Total.

Had to order mine under Xplan, but still negotiated pricing, all prices are determined by Ford on the plans, and not all Ford dealers participated in every plan option. In short, my build without rebate/ incentives:

Plan invoice: 44378 with options ( this will vary by required fees for the state. )
MSRP: 48917
Out the door with tax/lic/ doc: 46923

Note on any plan buys dealers can only add 100 to the invoice for admin fees, this is explained on you certificate for the plan, that assigns your pin#. Ford does add there advertising to their plan pricing. I found out today that all Ford plans A to Z andX, the rebates/ incentives monies go to the dealer, plus a set fee from Ford for selling a vehicle under any plan.

JorgeV15,
I don’t have coupons lying around my desk, like TIO M mentioned. ;) Calling the Marketing Program Headquarters @ 800.334.4375 is the best way to speak with a live agent to research available offers! A huge shout out to everyone else who’s on here giving great advice! Friday’s almost here! :D

Cory

Cory are you still living through my x, have a great weekend! Back to yard work.

I dealed with Heritage Ford of Tampa/Wesley Chapel..

Funny - they are just around the corner from where I live. I know the general manager, Rich Dearborn, and they do offer great deals.:thumbsup:

Spengracin said:
Had to order mine under Xplan, but still negotiated pricing, all prices are determined by Ford on the plans, and not all Ford dealers participated in every plan option. In short, my build without rebate/ incentives:

Plan invoice: 44378 with options ( this will vary by required fees for the state. )
MSRP: 48917
Out the door with tax/lic/ doc: 46923

Note on any plan buys dealers can only add 100 to the invoice for admin fees, this is explained on you certificate for the plan, that assigns your pin#. Ford does add there advertising to their plan pricing. I found out today that all Ford plans A to Z andX, the rebates/ incentives monies go to the dealer, plus a set fee from Ford for selling a vehicle under any plan.

I was wondering how you negotiated pricing if you ordered under xplan. I ordered under xplan as well and wondered if I got a good deal.

Back