What did YOUR X run??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOUR X run???

Hey i've got a '96 5.0 limited. I love racing and need to go to the tracks here to see what mine will run. Well anyways I want to know what your Ex. ran.

State year, engine, and times. 0-60?
1/4 mile?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they gotta be official? I haven't been to a track, but I've timed my 0-60 with a stopwatch.. came to 12 sec.

97 5.0 2wd 3.73 LSD rear 70k miles

Your 0-60 was 12 seconds???

OMG for a 5.0 that's not really fast. With a stopwatch I've done 0-60 in 8-9 seconds.

Hmm...

yup, its normal.. if anything I'm just a bad driver I suppose. thats what I get for buying an suv when I'm concerned with speed, no one to blame but myself.

I had this in a different thread so I just cut and pasted:

I don't know where in the hell some of the Mags were getting 9sec 0-60 times and 17sec times in the quarter for the 5.0 Ex.
I was up at Morrosso Speedway a few weeks ago and decided to run my moms 5.0 Mounty. My 1st run was a 16.3 at 85.4 mph, and the 2nd run was a 16.2 at 85.7 mph, also the truck is completey stock. 1st time was against a Durango R/T (beat him!) and the 2nd run was against a Civic who I killed, showed them damn ricers what torque is about .

My neighbor also took his modded Audi S4 and 02' V8 Explorer to Morrosso Speedway. The S4 was in the low 13's w/ a 12.8 run that kicked ass!

The 02' Explorer I drove on 2 runs:
1/4 - 15.68 at 87.7 mph
1/4 - 15.85 at 88.5 mph (I brake torqued on this launch and spun the tires for about 4 seconds and ran a slower time but somehow picked up an extra mph?)
The new 02' 4.6 Ex's/Mountys just fu@#en haul azz, and again I don't know where in the hell the Mags get their times on those trucks either, high 16's my ass.

EDIT - Also I've timed my moms Mounty and my 94' on my neighbors GTEC that he has for his Ex. and S4,
Our Mounty will average 0-60 in 8- 8.3 seconds, which matches up well with the times I ran.

My 94' with mods will run 0-60 in about 9.9 seconds, mainly slow because of the stock 3.27 gears

14.2 @104:p

i had a 10.8 @ 68 in the 1/8th mile with a 4.0L OHV and a 5-speed, i have a '97 X with 80K miles

Oh and that was on 33's

4.0 OHV, auto, 3.73 gears, 33x12.50 tires, full weight (including wind catching roof basket). Power mods out the wazoo, no nitrous.

16 flat @ 87

EDIT: and I might as well throw this in my forum ;)

1992 stock 4.0L w/A4LD, 4.10's 33's and a head wind.
19.924 at 66.53 mph on a .776 light.

Edit: Oh, and I saw that. :p

11's

Originally posted by blk mk8
11's
are you allowed back at Morrosso Speedway yet?

Wanna see the Troll in action:D

1997 SOHC 4x4, 4.10 axle, completely stock, 50K miles:

1/4 E/T: 16.374
1/4 speed: 83.04 MPH
1000 foot: 13.665
1/8 mile E/T: 10.487
1/8 speed: 66.66 MPH
330 foot: 6.808
60 foot: 2.342

we are not going back until the role bar and a few more mods.

hey! I could ALMOST beat that! lol, it takes 35s and a huge lift to be as slow as me.. I must be doing something wrong.

Back when my X was stock with off road tires (Pirelli Scorpion ATs) open diff, stock clutch, and only my Flowmaster I ran 16.5 3 times in the 1/4. 1st two I spun my tires all thoughout 1st and the third I missed second. I've been dying to get back to a track since I got the new gears, LS, clutch, and wide ass tires.

yall must be really good drivers to get that kind of time. I take 12 seconds to get to 60.. I dont think theres anything wrong with my car so there must be something I'm doing wrong.

Originally posted by DarkFox1
yall must be really good drivers to get that kind of time. I take 12 seconds to get to 60.. I dont think theres anything wrong with my car so there must be something I'm doing wrong.
heh, look at my times at the begining of this thread, your 5-10 seconds slower depending on all the times you use for your truck.

All I did was brake torque it and floor it = 8 seconds flat to 60, thats less than half a second slower than an Lexus IS300 which is about 7.5, and the 94' ohv V6 is like 4 seconds faster than you.

Have you ever driven any other 5.0 Explorer/Mounty? You'll pry **** yourself when you see how powerful they are when not running like your Mounty:D

Try a brake torque launch and see what happens, maybe you'll hit 11 seconds;)

brake torque it? whats that? every time I get I just come to a complete stop on a road, have a friend hold my watch and punch it. the tires bark but thats about it.

I did test drive one. .a 2001 X with the exact same settings as mine.. didn't feel any different.. only the tranny was a ton better.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brake Torque - is when you hold the brake and at the same time press down on the gas pedal or just floor it, then release the brake and hold on:D

Release the brake right when you feel the tires braking loose and at the same time floor it.

Back