What do you guys do for Smartphone mounts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you guys do for Smartphone mounts?

JustAnotherMember7

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Falls
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLS
I've been using a magnetic vent mount but the phone drops when going over bigger bumps and I've ordered a different phone (heavier than my current one) that is sure to drop all the time.

What dash mounts would you guys recommend? I'd like to use the mount on the left side of the steering wheel (above the headlight switch) but am wondering since the dash is curved so weirdly there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the suction cup kind and have it hanging above my inspection sticker and ran my charging cord through the dash out the fuse box on that side, The kind i have has a very soft thick rubber that is very sticky while also being a suction cup and has three ways to adjust it, think i paid 20$ for it and it has only fallen off when the temp changes as in going from summer to winter and winter to summer. i can get the info off of it if you would like so you can look it up.

I use the suction cup kind and have it hanging above my inspection sticker and ran my charging cord through the dash out the fuse box on that side, The kind i have has a very soft thick rubber that is very sticky while also being a suction cup and has three ways to adjust it, think i paid 20$ for it and it has only fallen off when the temp changes as in going from summer to winter and winter to summer. i can get the info off of it if you would like so you can look it up.
Sure! I'd like to take a look at the brand.

With the windshield-mounted option, has it been a blindspot problem for you when you're using the mount?

I thought it would be but it's not. Once your relaxed back in your seat it doesn't make much more difference than the pillar in your way. Plus the 3 way action you can morph this thing I have It hanging pretty low, I actually keep part of the bottom in front of the ac vent to keep my phone cool while charging using gps Pandora ect ect for extended trips.

It took over 50 pages of searching but this is the mount i use, looks a little different but its the same design. What your looking for if you read the info on them is where it says sticky suction cup that can be rinsed with warm water. It was hard to find as i forgot ive had this mount for at least 3 years now. I do rest the arm down on the dash for a little extra shock support on big bumps but it works great and fits and phone, all the way up to the huge Nexus6 i had. I now have the oneplus6 so have some phone sizes to compare too and both where in a case as well. Hope this helps ill be ordering one of these too just to have a spare now that i know they are getting harder to find!

Back