• Register Today It's free!

What do you think it's worth?

soon2bsick

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
Hey guys, been a member here for a little while but I haven't been on much lately. I've ran into a situation where I need to sell my mountaineer and when searching for what I should ask for it I figured I should ask the right people, So if you have the time to look over what I have I would appreciate knowing what you think I should ask for it. I will be selling it locally on craigslist

2000 Mountaineer AWD V8
163,x.. tan leather Automatic

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

The Good:

Power everything works
wires/plugs replaced a year ago
runs like a champ
4 tires put on less than 3,000 miles ago
no dents

The Bad:

child safety locks won't turn off
radio light doesn't work *already tried taking it out and checking*
EATC unit only works on high (but blows cold, needs blower resistor thing)
Drivers seat has rip
back hutch door is missing plastic piece
back hutch door window does not open
sunroof cover fabric is falling down
has scratches and blemishes
console cover has come loose in the front
drivers side passenger door handle is broken but I just ordered a new one

pics of the problems:

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

thanks for looking, let me know what you think its worth

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say ask 2500 and take no less than 2k. Especially if you fix some of those things...

I say ask 2500 and take no less than 2k. Especially if you fix some of those things...

Only thing is I don't have the time to fix them, the door handle is really all I have time to fix so I'm selling it with its issues. I know I could get more but the longer this thing sits not sold the longer I am without a vehicle

Ah I see. Well get what you can for it, maybe put down "2750 OBO, need gone asap"?

Then someone will offer you lower and you'll be happy.

I wouldn't take less then 2500.. I sold my 98 a while back and got 2800 cash, and she has a rusting out rocker and 174k miles. And a couple of the same problems as yours, broken door handle, and a rip in the drivers seat. and the blend door motor is out. All in all they kbb for around 3200, 2500 is a fair price. goto a junk yard and find you a cover for that rear hatch and you'll sell it alot quicker.

Only thing is I don't have the time to fix them, the door handle is really all I have time to fix so I'm selling it with its issues. I know I could get more but the longer this thing sits not sold the longer I am without a vehicle

Why are you without a vehicle? Drive it with a for sale sign in the window.

I have to drive 150 miles a day to training, 5 days a week. Meanwhile I don't have an income, so I can't afford to put gas in this thing at $4.02 a gallon

I am putting it up for sale next week once I have the handle on and have it washed

Back