What does this mean for Colorado?

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
DENVER (AP) Gov. Bill Ritter has signed a bill that tightens the rules for off-road vehicles that allows 250 state officers to enforce laws on federal lands.
The new law (House Bill 1069) prohibits motor vehicles from using public lands, trails, or roads unless it's authorized by a sign or other means.
Violations in designated wilderness areas would carry a $200 fine.
Supporters defeated an amendment that would have made the trails open to use unless they are specifically closed. Instead, people will be given maps to tell them which ones are open, or they could check the signs.
Opponents argued it's wrong to use state funds to enforce laws for the federal government.

i got this off another forum.. hope this is the right place to post it.

thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well technically it has been illegal to drive on any un marked trail, but now they have state funding to enforce it

It means MORE TRAILS BEING CLOSED, basically every trail that is not marked or mapped in CO is now considered closed to OHV's
There are ALOT of un marked trails in CO

Instead of taking the $$$ to mark and map new trails, or to maintain the ones we have, they are now paying cops extra $$$ to bust people who are not on marked trails

It means THE BIG SUCK is here sooner then expected

it means more OHV land is GONE
It means we are one step closer to being CA
it means the greenies are winning and people are blind

it wont matter for long anyways, we wont be able to afford to drive to the trail, let alone ON the trail with these gas prices.

In Boulder CO recently a woman was ticketed for dying her poodle pink. The woman used beet juice to dye her poodle pink, she did it in support of breast cancer awareness..
Somebody saw this and turned her in for ANIMAL CRUELTY, it was all over the news.

In Boulder it is also illegal to SMOKE, inside or outside it doesnt matter
You cannot operate a leaf blower either, too much emissions and noise

Pretty soon there will be a dress code and gps trackers inside every person! Isnt it awesome??

lol.. do you feel better now?

i agree though, that closes a lot of roads. i just dont see how they will enforce this? i think its dumb they are using state $ for federal issues

Well technically it has been illegal to drive on any un marked trail, but now they have state funding to enforce it

It means MORE TRAILS BEING CLOSED, basically every trail that is not marked or mapped in CO is now considered closed to OHV's
There are ALOT of un marked trails in CO

Instead of taking the $$$ to mark and map new trails, or to maintain the ones we have, they are now paying cops extra $$$ to bust people who are not on marked trails

It means THE BIG SUCK is here sooner then expected

it means more OHV land is GONE
It means we are one step closer to being CA
it means the greenies are winning and people are blind

it wont matter for long anyways, we wont be able to afford to drive to the trail, let alone ON the trail with these gas prices.

In Boulder CO recently a woman was ticketed for dying her poodle pink. The woman used beet juice to dye her poodle pink, she did it in support of breast cancer awareness..
Somebody saw this and turned her in for ANIMAL CRUELTY, it was all over the news.

In Boulder it is also illegal to SMOKE, inside or outside it doesnt matter
You cannot operate a leaf blower either, too much emissions and noise

Pretty soon there will be a dress code and gps trackers inside every person! Isnt it awesome??

Wow, after reading that i'm not so sure i wanna move out there. Good thing i didn't go to Boulder like i wanted to for college being a smoker and all.

It means it's time to get a job for the state of Colorado, so you can start putting up signs for us:D

I thought you left California, Jamie :p:

People in Fort Collins keep trying to convince me that Colorado is a conservative state, yet crap like this keeps reminding me the state is being taken over by liberals (atleast the Front Range, which obviously dictates the puplic policy of the state). Colorado's economy is quickly transitioning to one dominted by recreational tourism... don't go removing places for people to play, otherwise they might quit coming :rolleyes:

Back