What else do you 3rd Gen owners want? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What else do you 3rd Gen owners want?

a bold-on front skid plate and rocksliders.

tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

brandon, if your going to try to make those bolt on coilovers would we still need the upper control arms you made?

and on a side note could there be a way to use the lift from the coilovers and the spacers together to get more lift?

Because thats wht i want is more lift so i can sit up high with all the F150s!

Personally I like the idea of bolt on skid plates and a front bumper combo. But don't let that take you away from making some awesome lift kits.

brandon, if your going to try to make those bolt on coilovers would we still need the upper control arms you made?

and on a side note could there be a way to use the lift from the coilovers and the spacers together to get more lift?

Because thats wht i want is more lift so i can sit up high with all the F150s!

Yes, I would still recommend the upper arms with the coilover lift. It's still lifting the vehicle in the same manner as the strut Spacers, so the upper balljoint angle will still be bad no matter how you lift the truck.
I do not recommend stacking multiple lift parts to achieve more lift, once you get above 3" or so the cv joints are going to be past thief operating angles and you will destroy them, and the upper arm angles will be even worse.

Skid plates, front, transfer case, and gas tank if possible. :chug:

I would love a mid - long travel kit with with remote reservoir coilovers for the 4wd. and im willing to be the guinea pig again...

Front winch bumper (HD or Prerunner), rock sliders, rear bumper with 2" hitch, recovery mount, possible tire swing (whole bumper, or center bumper like on xterra, 4runner etc.)

Brandon,
Can yall fab up some extended/long travel knuckles for the Explorers like yall have available for the Toyota Tundra kit on your website?

a front skid plate would be sweet

A ecoboost bolt up kit , lol

A real suspension lift kit. Maybe similar to duners... Except follow through with it haha. ~6in. Coilovers in the front and a rear diff drop/frame hoops would be a.huge improvment over anything currently available. Thats where id spend my money.
And possibly down the road a kit/bracketry for a rear sas.

+1 for sliders, bolt-on skid plate, and steel front/back bumpers. I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig if you are close to TN! Also, a "BTF Fabrication" sticker for the Mountaineer would be sweet!

A budget lift set to put us on par with F150s. but thats unlikely to happen. Also am i mistaken or would it not be very easy to make rock sliders?

Complete underbody skid plate kit.
If you're good at welding aluminum, new front winch bumper made of 3/8" aluminum plate would be great!

Hot seller would most definitely be led light bar mounts using rivet/blind nuts.

Brandon,

How about control arms that are not extended. I like the design of the extended ones, but I don't plan on putting spacers on. I am thinking of putting Quick Lifts on being that I need struts soon....Maybe I should run the extended ones anyways... who knows at this point.

Thanks

Eric

An ARB or road armor type bumper and deffinately a bigger lift kit. maybe a custom spare rack for the rear lift gate?

+1 on Brush/Grill Guard, sliders and skidplates

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back