what gears do i have? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what gears do i have?

smurfxlt

Reaction score
i have a 99 xlt v8 with the sport package. as far as i know the sport package comes with a painted grille, painted bumpers, fender flares, step bars, and different rims. my friend said i might have 4.10s because of the sport package, which is good appearently (i dont know anything about gears). so could someone tell me what kind of gears i have or how to find out? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 99 xlt v8 with the sport package. as far as i know the sport package comes with a painted grille, painted bumpers, fender flares, step bars, and different rims. my friend said i might have 4.10s because of the sport package, which is good appearently (i dont know anything about gears). so could someone tell me what kind of gears i have or how to find out? thanks

Look on your drivers door label.. There should be an axle code..

I think all of the 2nd Gen V8 models came with 3.73's but I'm not sure. For a more definitive answer get the code under "Axle" on the driver's door sticker and compare it to this chart.

http://www.explorerforum.com/ntrprize/Axle.htm

yeah I think it was 3.73 but whether its a limited slip or open is the question.. lol.

ok well how do i find out if i have limited slip or open then?

based on the axle code that I mentioned on the drivers door label..

Back