What is behind the Driver Side A Pillar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is behind the Driver Side A Pillar?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has removed the driver side a pillar interior cover to see what is under it (ie: electrical wires, air bag, etc.). I am looking to run some wires behind there, but before I pry it off was hoping to find out if this is worth it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a bracket that the trim piece snaps into, this bracket has two bolts mounting it to the frame. The airbag sits above the bracket also and has a tether that mounts to the bracket. Farther down the pillar frame is an electrical connector. If you are just running a few wires for like a speaker, radar, GDP, or something, there is plenty of room.

To remove the trim piece, just grab ahold of it at the top center where it meets the headliner and gently pull it out. The bottom has two large tabs the sit into slots in the dash so after you get the top loos, lift the trim piece up and out.

I couldn't tell you that. I didn't look at the electrical connector close enough to know what it went to. Could be for the airbag or dome lighting or mirror.....not sure. Sorry.

Back