What is wrong with my X?!? Warranty is up in a few days!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is wrong with my X?!? Warranty is up in a few days!!!

unpredictable1

Reaction score
City, State
AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 blazer lt
Heres the latest n greatest. Yesterday I get in my X (93 automatic) put her in reverse to back out of the driveway, she stalls. starts her up and notice that she goes in the gear fine however even being on level ground she doesn't start to move on her own like all cars doo when you put them in gear and let off the brake.

i give her some throttle and i can hear/feel this *clunk* sound somewhere underneath as if shes having trouble engaging.

If you let of the gas she'll clunk again, give her gas clunk again once the drivetrain engages.

driveability is the same, the truck shifts through its gears like it always does, nothing out of the ordinary. However put her in reverse and once you touch the pedal you get this *clunk* EACH and every time to take your foot off the gas or apply throttle.

WHAT IS WRONG??!?!?

thanks guys!!!

leo

Sounds like something in the trans is on its last legs...

I have no clue when it comes to transes... sorry, man.

-Joe-

well see, it engages the gears fine, it seems like what ever connects to transfer the power to the wheels make s aclunk...only in reverse tho.

Back