• Total voters

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
Well, not everybody has the explorer they want. Lets suppose money wasn't an issue, what would you do with yours? (Multiple choice for those that you would have more than one)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like one that is not on your list at all. I want a rather heavily modified vehicle that is not a trailer queen but is daily driveable. it can happen and that's what I want. that is not an option on the list. I'm heavily modifying my mustang to be streetable yet still a screaming fast toy

I voted purpost build. I have a good start and am working my way up. I am going to change it over the years and the change will not include 2.5 tons for the "Lime"

What? No "Psychotic Dragracing Vehicle" option? I guess I cannot vote... ;)

long travel 4x4 IFS with coilovers, bypass and bumps running long travel CV's and extended track width, lets say 14-16" of usable travel.......4-5 link rear with coilover/bypass/bumps, 20" or so... built stroked FSB, manual VB 4r70w, only partial frame left, lots of fiberglass, lots of cage work, low center or gravity, 37" tires, central mounted winch, a tow rig and a trailer...

Come on lotto!

You get the idea, go fast desert goodies in a 4 door explorer with AC and solid as a rock

If it wasn't my daily driver... then Pure Offroad with a purpose.

Since it is... I make it look offroad but keep her on the streets. Straight posing for me!

Ideally I plan on a trail rig that I can drive to and from the trail.

If it wasn't my daily driver... then Pure Offroad with a purpose.

Since it is... I make it look offroad but keep her on the streets. Straight posing for me!

As stated in the first post "money's not an issue". That means you can keep your current vehicle as a DD and buy another one to modify as you want.:D

something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvPpW1lujA

Look quick! thats the Baker Motorsports long travel Explorer, center mount a arms (only mine would be 4wd, trophey truck style)

http://www.bakermotorsports.net/Explorer.html

based on an 06 model, cant beat that!

baker1.jpg

my perfect explorer would be modded all around i guess ?, I would love my explorer to have...

OFF ROAD

3'' lift - unsure what type
31'' or 33'' all terrains
brush guard w/ skid plate would be sick
16'' 17'' mickey thompson rims

FIRE DEPT.

FIRE DEPT. light bar ( blue n white lights )
head/tail light strobes
grill lights
air horns - lol

STEREO

head unit
upgrade speakers
speaker amp

PERFORMANCE

air intake
headers
exhaust
ignition upgrade
upgrade tranny gears

this would be my ideal explorer !!!

I would like the stock instrument panel to have REAL gauges and also a scangauge type digital interface built right in where I could see any of the data I wanted (trans temp, water temp, gear, etc.)

1st gen, 4x4 long travel camburg suspension, detroit rear, ARB front, 5 speed, 35s, 5.13s, ect. Basically a "pre-runner" style setup.

Back