What can your ex rev to?

RPM that "YOU" have got your ex to

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 10.1%

Votes: 14 17.7%

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters
they all have rev limiters the new ones have 2 step limiters that only allow 3k in neutral and park

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont try to push mine past 5k, so i have no clue were the limit is.

While driving, mine shifts at 5400 RPM.

For those of you who can only rev it to 3k in P or N.. Can you try to go 15+mph and put it in neutral then try it? Most cars, if its over 5-10, it will rev over the rev limiter. if your moving in neutral.

My explorer hasnt been over 4500 in years. It just doesnt sound good at all. I hardly ever go over 2.5K.. gas is too expensive. Only sometimes when Im getting on the highway, I might hit 3k-3.25k..........

Shane

on my 94, the rev lim always kicked in at about 5200 on the tachometer

if it only revs to 3k its broken!

my grandpa's 01 sport trac wouldent go over 3k..it cut fule off at 3k..it would bounce from 3k-2k then back to 3k..ect untell you let off it

it is perfectly normal to only go to 3k when you are driving and floor it will go higher

im talkin about in P/N..when driving mine shift's around 5k..he asked in P/N how high will it go

I have gone 5000+ in P/N.

How bad is it for the engine to do this? I try not to do it very often, because I feel I am hurting my EX :(

I think I've got mine up to 5600rpm. That's where the rev limiter comes in.

I think for the newer models, the rev limiter sets to only 3000rpm when the tranny is in Park or Neutral.

About 4800 on my 93 OHV.

I'de say maybe 5750 rpm.. maybe a lil higher...

gotta show off the exhaust system every now and then :)

It is very bad to rev any motor high when it doesn't have a load on it.

I'd do 3-3500 max in P or N usually, sometimes a bit more if I was being naughty.

However when driving I'd routinely go 6000+.

I take the VW to 6700.

Ive also been to 6250.:D

i've takin mine to 5k and that scared me as i thought the cam was gona go flying...just kidding...it sounded nice.... :rolleyes: :p

frickea86 said:
i've takin mine to 5k and that scared me as i thought the cam was gona go flying...just kidding...it sounded nice.... :rolleyes: :p
Be afraid... Be very afraid.

If your chipped or getting a chip you can have the rev limiter removed, buts its there to protect your auto tranny, I had mine left in but had the speed limiter removed

spindlecone said:
If your chipped or getting a chip you can have the rev limiter removed, buts its there to protect your auto tranny, I had mine left in but had the speed limiter removed
Hit 5000 a couple of times, usually when I was shifting ti 2nd and the D**n shift knob came off and I missed....not good when this happens in mudhole!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hehe and if the tranny happens to die, as most a4lds do, if you have one, then get it built :), its usually a good idea for that tranny to extend the life of it, i do 4500-5000rpm goin from 2nd to 3rd gear, you can really feel it hit the gears then.

Back