What replacement shocks Should I go with On my 02 Explorer sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What replacement shocks Should I go with On my 02 Explorer sport?

rasbell

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Worth FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer sport V6
I'm going to Be replacing my shocks on my 02 EX Sport soon as I've noticed a little rougher ride over the past few years. The original have just about 104K. I'm not sure what Brand or model I should go with.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MOnroe Reflex are a popular choice, and I've had them on both of my last Ex's. Bilstein is also popular, but pricey compared...

MOnroe Reflex are a popular choice, and I've had them on both of my last Ex's. Bilstein is also popular, but pricey compared...

Thanks I'll check them out.

Very happy with them, they have a little different valving for topheavy SUV's. Mine have about 5k on them, and they are riding stellar now. :thumbsup:

Rock auto is inexpensive, and offers a discount to forum members...

Very happy with them, they have a little different valving for topheavy SUV's. Mine have about 5k on them, and they are riding stellar now. :thumbsup:

Rock auto is inexpensive, and offers a discount to forum members...

Yeah I was reading the reviews and they sound like perfect replacements and for a good price. I was checking out Rock auto last night. There prices are unbeatable even with shipping. I'm going to be replacing them myself I was reading the How to guide in the How to thread last night. There's so much good information on this site. I'm really thankful for this forum. Thanks For helping out :thumbsup:

KYB GR2 shocks.

Back