Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Carl D.

Reaction score
City, State
St Charles MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer Sport
I'm going to change my rims from Steel 15x10 to Aluminum but not sure if I should stick with 15x10 or go with 15x8. I'm running 33x12 tires. Thoughts, Idea'd or Sugestions. All are welcome.

I'm going with the Aluminum rims for weight reduction only, even though I prefer the Steel rims for off roading.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think it matters much with your set up but I voted 15x8.

I know I run 15x10s so I never have an issue with tire size. I can run a 12.50 wide tire to a 15.50 tire with my 10s.

I say stay with 10s.:)

Come on guys/gals, only 5 opinions. I'm ready to order. 4 wheel wholesalers has a decent sale on their Pro Comp Aluminum rims, so I think i'm going to order some on Monday (04-05-04).

The 15x8 would be nicer I guess, as they wouldn't stick out as far, but the 15x10 (steel rims) that I have ride great on and off road. 15x8 are lighter by about 1-2lbs, soooooo?

No experience yet, but from my understanding a 15 x 10 rim works better on-road with a 12.5" wide tire. I just ordered 15 x 10 AR-23 $410 with caps & Shipping...

I voted 15x10, it may be heavier, but it gives you the option of having a wider footprint, deffinately a bonus offroad. My disclaimer is that I don't know much about this kinda thing.

Back