what size tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what size tires?

Reaction score
City, State
Lunenburg, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
im pretty sure this would work, but i thought i would ask before i had to find out the hard way... will 33 inch tires fit under a 94 sport with a 6 inch lift, without any modifications to the wheel wells? and will running 15x10 inch rims and 12.5-13.5 inch wide tires arouse any problems as far as steering clearence goes with the 6 inch lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont think theres a for sure answer on your question without trying it. i can tell you that i have a 94xlt with 5 inches of lift, 33x12.5x15 on 15x8 rims with 3and5/16 backspacing. i had to trim alot and it still rubs. (IMO) if i were you i would go with the setup you have planned but go with 15x8 rims 12.5 inch tires and then if you need to trim it will be real minor if any at all.

i agree. the 33x12.5 is doable but the 10" rim is asking for it.

The 15x10 rim is just fine for my 35x12.50's. I have lowered it all the way down to 10psi for the beach and have been off roading in the mountains, and never had a problem. Should work just fine for you.

yeay, how's that perfprm with 35s and 4.10 gears?

when doing tires, keep those gears in mind! trust me, i am running 32s with 3.27s!

Well, I can tell you that 34's with 4.10 gears in a 4 door with the OHV motor is kinda sluggish. Works fine in 4lo, but in hi 0-60 time is probably 15-20 seconds.

Mine's not too bad, but I should have went with the 4.56's. My transfer case won't go into 4lo right now, so I don't know how it perform's there. I'll get it fixed eventually.

Back