What was your first Mod? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What was your first Mod?

My billet grill. When I first started to mod it, I wanted to change the look...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was 5 years old, my favorite Tonka truck lost a wheel, so I swapped all of `em with the wheels off a bigger Tonka dump truck that had a broken box. Geez, that thing could go anywhere after that...sigh.

:D

First mod was Monroe sens-a-tracs followed quickly by Sony Xplod HU, then the heated seats.

First mod...

Cat back exhaust

i'm only 17 so i don't know how to do much custom stuff yet. but my first mod was something little, i added those stupid neon led windshield nozzle lights. than i did the license plate screws hooked up to my brake lights and now i have rain guards and a decal strip of silver across the top of my windshield (matching the color of the car).

next mod- mirror tint windows next week

My first mod was my safari rack with two kc daylighters on it.

My first mod was a winch (with a warn combo mount). Soon after (about 12 days) followed a trailmaster 4" kit.
That was the middle of 1999. Now i have a new frame, engine, tranny/t-case, axles, tires/rims, gears, lockers, lights, bumpers, communications.....the list goes on and isnt going to stop anytime soon. Hell, I just bought a tow rig for when i break my explorer on the trails.

This is addictive. Beware!

My first mod.. well blue reverse lights and new michelin lt4s... but since ive been over here in the desert for 6 months ive added alot to that, just gotta get home to put it on. check out the stuff at www.sounddomain.com/id/russ010 .. all in all i think ive spent about 1500 bucks for everything (and none of its used). i guess thats what 6 months of surfing the internet will get you, the best deals.

My first mod was a KKM filter last October. Check my signature for other mods, they're all pretty much in chronological order.

Immediate future mods include: 31" BFGs, Daystar poly bushings, and Bilstein shocks

Future mods include: hooking up my PA system to the CB and mounting that to the bumper, and offroad lights to mount to the bumper

Back