What was your first Mod? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What was your first Mod?

http://www.explorer4x4.com/torsionbars.html

If the link for the torsion twist everyone's talking about doesn't work, go to the main page, click on "technical articles", and in the drop down menu will be an article "Torsion Bar".

I had an exhaust company in Boston do the work for me. Unless you have a torch and some experience, it's well worth the money to get some professional help. With your X, I mean.

Anyway, I've learned a ton on this site, but I still have barely scratched the surface. The TB is the throttle body, and it ends the air intake on your explorer, where your gas will combine to feed your engine the proper (factory recommended, at least) mixture. The bigger TB is supposed to give better throttle response, and allow more air to pass through. I think I'll realize a lot more gains when I have the bigger MAF and intake tube, and add a chip. The chip should really help my engine since it will be breathing better on both sides.

After the shocks, and the BL, go for the KKM, or save up and go for the K&N FIPK. Plenty of people have been talking about the two, so it won't be very difficult to find some articles and posts about these mods.

Good luck,
Karl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Rancho 9000
2. Goodrick AT 31"
3. Exhaust
4. Fuel System
5. 75hp Nitrous Express

a brushguard and 31s- both are long gone now. what was i thinking???

Cano,

How do you like your Ranchos? Were they worth the coin? I am looking for something that will soften the ride on the streets and also perform offroad. Let me know what you think.

aggieEB,

I have the 9000 with the compresor and they worth every coin, and I'm not talking just for my experience, I now so many people that thinks that Rancho shocks are the best avalible. Not only for the five position seatings, because they last.
My sister has it and she don't complain about it, so I believe that she's X is running softly.

My advice would be: If your looking for an street/offroad shock don't doubt about, buy Rancho.

Trailmaster 4" Lift Kit, 32" BFG MTs, 4:56 Gears, rear ARB and front limited slip... All done at the same time when the truck had only 500 miles on it!!

Now look what happened... It morphed!

rick_rearrock.jpg

I started with the shocks they made a pretty noticable improvement in handling. now my suspension makes all kind of noises and squeeking i dont know what has caused it but i think the squeeking may be coming from the shocks. Major

:redexp: My first set of mods was: Rancho 5000's all the way around, add-a-leaf 2" lift on rear & Flowmaster Delta 50 cat-back system.

Decide what your priorities are: power, lift, looks, etc. then go for it one step at a time. You will get there...

After only two weeks, I installed 31x10.5 BFG MTs. Modification have been steady ever since then:):redexp:

Cat. back flowmaster

Blue Headlights - Spearmint if the cops care to know what color they are :)

Wow this thread is old, but I'm going to keep it going. My first mod as a set of Lund headlight covers. YAHOO!

The first thing I did to my Ex was to replace the stupid mono-leaf rear suspension w/ a 4 door set of spring's so I can haul my trailer. Then I took off my running boards, they were starting to rust, and I'm 6'8", so I never used them.

Dual underhood lamps and a C.B.

31" BFG AT/KO's then shocks the TT and Shackle lift, next it's add a leaf, and I'll probably leave it alone after that.

Brush guard!

my first mod in my Explorer was my GPS, quickly followed by Warn Hubs.
My first mod in my F-150 was my GPS, heh heh. I had lights waiting in my garage like a month before I actually bought my truck though!

First thing i did was get K&N FIPK and Custom Flowmaster Cat-back, then the next day, i lowered it 2" with a TT (the other way.....down) and 2" blocks in the back, and installed the sway bars and edelbrock IAS shocks.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My system, Pioneer 8400 mp head unit, pioneer changer, jl audio 500/1 amp, jl audio 12" w7 subwoofer with sealed box.

Back